LCDInfo.com

http://www.lcdinfo.com
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:24

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Development ceased?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 0:58 

I've been using LCDInfo for a very long time, since the v.3 days of yore. But lately I've noticed that there hasn't been any new things come out, i.e., driver improvements or new plugins.
Most drivers still have an 'Alpha' tag in the name.

MBM is dead, and many new main boards are unsupported. There is Speedfan, and it supports most new boards. But I have yet to see a plugin for it...before anyone goes and says "Get off your dead a$$ and write one yourself", I'll just say it now "I'm not a programmer"...sorry. :oops: I've seen discussion on the matter, but no 'fruit' so to speak.

I really praise Henri for LCDInfo! He was one of the first (that I know) to support the KS0108. I had bought (10) 128x64 from Crystalfontz before realizing that there wasn't any support for them yet! My bad! Luckily, I found LCDInfo and my project went forward only to die later.

I just hope development continues.

Regards,
Terry....aka Iridium

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:42 

Yes it' been kinda quit on the development front, also may i remind you that Henri has made LCDinfo open source so others (who do have time) can have a go at it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 18:07 

True, things have been a bit quiet for a while now.

Some other projects that have been competing with LCDInfo for the available free time can be seen here: http://www.skippari.net/projects/

It is not my intention to drop LCDInfo development forever but I have to admit that I don't know when the time will be that I can get some major changes and progress made with it. It could happen soon if something comes up that makes me spend time with it or then it could take a while. We'll just have to see what the future brings.