LCDInfo.com

http://www.lcdinfo.com
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:53

All times are UTC + 2 hours

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 8:04 

I just wired my CFAG12864B-TMI-V and it seems to be working correctly. I tested it with LCDinfo 0.4 (or was it 0.3...) and it seemed to work pretty well and all the information was visible.

Now that I tested it with 0.6, it doesn't work so great. It doesn't seem to init the display correctly because there are some left overs from previous stuff that was written on the screen before the software started. That bug animation on the upper right corner messes up that part of the display and the whole right edge (also the whole right side because it doesn't seem to sync the cols correctly...) tears apart.

Something wrong with the driver? How well have you tested the driver for this display or have you focused only to the others?

Oh, and to prove that the display works I ported some code from Henri to Delphi. It can handle full screen animation from series of .BMP files at the moment. More to come. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 14:18 

CFAG12864B-TMI-V is probably the most tested display by myself as KS0108 driver was the first one I made for 0.6 and that was used almost exclusively by me for LCDInfo testing until maybe November of last year when I started doing drivers for other displays.

But I've heard also other reports of the KS0108 driver having some timing problems. Things that can affect this are the driving parallel port, parallel port settings and also the wiring.
As I changed to a faster parallel port driver for 0.6 this might have caused the problems with some. I might have also optimized some other things in the driver to get lower cpu usage. But this can cause problems if for some reason the signal quality in the cable is degraded.

I have been planning to add some timing settings to the driver to have option for settings closer to 0.3/0.4.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 13:05 

There's a delay option in the build16 KS0108 driver. You could try putting there some other value than 0 and see if it helps.