LCDInfo.com

http://www.lcdinfo.com
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 16:57

All times are UTC + 2 hours

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 17:22 

Hi, first post here, just bought a noritake 311 from coorz so i may have a few questions as i play with this.

Firstly, the screen designer in the screens forum, does that work with the latest (LCDinfo 0.6 build 17?) version?

Secondly, i have only just plugged this in so i may be overlooking something. As i play Q3 i get screen lag momentarily as the screen changes. Looking in taskmanager, LCDinfo uses about 10 - 13% cpu when it updates. I assume this is affecting the ability for the game to run smoothly as q3 is very CPU intensive. Is this normal? i have XP2500+ overclocked, 512MB Ram, win2k. I would have thought my hardware would be man enough! If this is a normal occurence will i cause any harm making a batch file to rename screens.xml files so i can swap from one that displays all my details to one that displays just one screen thus hopefully relieving CPU time?

TIA

cheebs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 18:44 

Hiya cheebs,

That Desginer should work with 0.6 yes.
That batch file should do also, no harm in that. This 311 is indeed a CPU intensive screen, it's not related to LCDinfo.
Alternatively you can experiment with different delay / flickerless mode settings in the 311 driver config.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 0:25 

Hey coorz :) this screen is lovely. Ive got it displaying my own graphic so far and it worked so im chuffed :) ok it may be dull to all you guys but im very pleased!

So, if the batch file will work will i need to restart lcdinfo or will it just use the new screens.xml?

I'll play with the timings etc and see how we go, all in all im very pleased :)

thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 7:40 

fivecheebs wrote:
Hey coorz :) this screen is lovely. Ive got it displaying my own graphic so far and it worked so im chuffed :) ok it may be dull to all you guys but im very pleased!

So, if the batch file will work will i need to restart lcdinfo or will it just use the new screens.xml?

I'll play with the timings etc and see how we go, all in all im very pleased :)

thanks

You'll need to restart LCDinfo for the new screens.xml to take effect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 10:45 

Right, OK mate, thanks.