LCDInfo.com

http://www.lcdinfo.com
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 14:30

All times are UTC + 2 hours

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 5:06 

I just purchased a Noritake GU128x32-311 VFD, got it wired up and changed the LCDinfo driver from KS0108 to the -311 driver.
Now when I start LCDinfo I get an error message: "The instruction 0x0040226B referenced memory at 0x00000000, the memory could not be 'read'."
So now I can't start it to get it back to the KS0108 driver. 8O

Any help appreciated. :)

Iridium

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 5:45 

Must of been something wrong with my screens. I hadn't changed anything when switching drivers.
But I just made an edit to my Info screen and all works well now. :?

Iridium

Post subject: Noritake Help
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 8:17 

Hey Iridium!

Can you post all the details of how you got your display to work? I'd love it. I can't find anything, starting with what file directories LCDinfo should even be installed in! It's all a mess and the program just crashes it's brains out on me.

The only thing that works is "good bye!" when I terminate the program, so I know it's ready, it's just not at all set up correctly.

Got time? I would love it.

Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Noritake Help
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 12:51 

Lindz wrote:
I can't find anything, starting with what file directories LCDinfo should even be installed in!

I think the reason you don't find the installation directory mentioned anywhere is that it really doesn't matter. Just put it somewhere.

As you have got it to print "good bye" this means you should have the driver setup correctly. I think your problem comes from the fact that you have a 128x32 pixel screen and the default screens from the package are 84x48 pixels. This shouldn't really be a problem, if things were made correctly the program should just warn about this but because this kind basic check isn't included it's possible to make the program crash. :(
This should be fixed in later version of the program. There already are some checks but clearly not enough.

But it should work if you make sure everything in your screen files fits the screen area.