LCDInfo.com

http://www.lcdinfo.com
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 13:22

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: USB-Driver in LCDInfo!??
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 21:45 

Hi, i downloaded the newest version of LCDInfo and recognized, there are usb-drivers included. I have a display with the t6369c controller from Toshiba and now wanted to ask, whether i can use this driver with my display?
Greetz, Myscha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 19:30 

To use the usb drivers included with LCDInfo you would also need the usb hardware part that is used to connect the display to the usb port. I have built some of these but in very limited quantity.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 3:35 

And the result? Did it work? What kind of hardware are you speaking of?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 15:40 

Yes it works.

You can read more about it here: http://www.skippari.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=230

Some photos here: http://www.skippari.net/phpBB2/viewtopi ... =2864#2864

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 12:00 

You took the schematics from the USB2LCD II module from Schijf? Making the hardware won't be a problem for me, but the software... I didn't do much programming yet. I think it's not very easy to make the PIC handling the usb-interface... And then LCDInfo works the same way as it works parallel, only configured with the usb-driver?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 12:06 

It's not based on the USB2LCD II schematics. You can find many similarities between the two projects but there are also many differences. Databus is in different port for example. These differences also mean that firmware made for one of them is not compatible with the other.

Making the software is not that difficult after all. Of course there are many things that need to be understood but reading the datasheets and application notes of the parts used should pretty much explain it.

If you want to start building some usb lcd interface that is currently publicly available your best option here might be taking the USB2LCD II schematics and start learning how to program the PIC. You probably won't see any official firmware for that one as currently it's development has ended.
There are some plans of better usb lcd interfaces but nothing concrete to show yet...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 21:09 

I now want to make the whole thing with an Atmel µC, because some of my friends are already working with them and so they can help me. Could you anywhere send me your source code and schematic as an example for me, please? I will go another way, but i think that could help me.

What exactly does the firmware do? I didn't really understand yet. And will i have to know how (in which format and timing) LCDInfo sends its data?

I think that will get a long way for me...... ;)