rudi Grobler wrote:
1) The following can be added to the plugin base:
- Friendly name or description for a plugin
- Author name, email, etc
- version & date
- dll file name and path
I'll be adding this extra information. These would be included in IPlugin of which only one should be included in one plugin DLL.
For a DataSource the name of it and maybe description would be enough ? As you could have more than one DataSource in one DLL but for the GUI plugin they would all show as different DataSources when enumerating. Also there's no way to find out which DataSource comes from which plugin, any special need for that ?
In theory you could also put IDisplayDriver with DataSource in same plugin dll if there's use for it.
2) A way to get the minimum size or default size for a plugin image
When you enumerate the plugin images you also want to know the size for each image ? Good point. Coming...
3) How can I check which driver is currently being used and what the resolution is for this driver?
You can't at the moment but I'll add this in the api.
4) How can I get the path of the screen files?
Adding this to the api.
Good suggestions, if anything else comes to your mind just keep them coming. As you can see the api is very limited at the moment but I'll keep adding features as needed for example controlling lcdinfo instead of just reading data from it.