LCDInfo.com

http://www.lcdinfo.com
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:09

All times are UTC + 2 hours

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 13:41 

Just a simple clip of the display showing X-Sim² beta's virtual gauge to display information from rFactor. The gauge is done by me using a real MoTeC ADL/SDL as a guide. I've added and edited some things to better suit my needs. The display uses a desktop extension driver that Henri created, I think. Correct me if I'm wrong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5pVDpuIBjs

X-Sim² cannot directly access the display, but it can display gauges on desktop. Hence the need for the driver. There are plugins for LCDHype and LCD Studio in X-Sim². So maybe one of them will support USBD480 some day. Just a thought. I read that the X-Sim² dev would be interested to have plugin created to use the display directly and that would be included in the X-Sim² distribution. I said I'll relay the wish :)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 22:49 

Looks good :)

Quote:
There are plugins for LCDHype and LCD Studio in X-Sim². So maybe one of them will support USBD480 some day. Just a thought.

I actually once made a very unoptimized LCDStudio driver for the USBD480 just to quickly test it. You are limited to monochrome display though as LCDStudio doesn't support color.
If I remember correctly there was something mentioned about color in the LCDHype driver SDK. Could be worth a closer look to see what kind color support there might be.

Quote:
I read that the X-Sim² dev would be interested to have plugin created to use the display directly and that would be included in the X-Sim² distribution. I said I'll relay the wish :)

Yes this kind approach might be the best if it is possible to make it happen in some reasonable way. The current gauges render only to desktop I think? So for a plugin that would use the USBD480 display directly it might be necessary to recreate all these? That might be quite a lot of work. But I think it would be worth it having a closer look into X-Sim² and what kind possibilities and requirements there would be for a plugin like this.