LCDInfo.com

http://www.lcdinfo.com
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:41

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2003 20:48 

floppes wrote:
I'm still alive ;) and played around with various other LCD software. But they all did not work well.

One of my friends has the same display that I have, and today he sent me his LCDInfo directory and now LCDInfo works perfectly with my display. No more shifted lines, no missing characters! :o

It is version 0.3.2 NT. The exe files are identical, I checked this with Windiff (it compares files bit by bit). The only difference I noticed was the CheckBusyFlag entry. In my config it was set to 0, and in my friend's config it is set to 1.

Does this mean busy-flag checking works in 0.3.2 with the T6963C?

Anyway, it is great to see LCDInfo work! :)
I only have some problems with the NT performance counters:
I added several counters and named them with pdh_ at the beginning. But when I run LCDInfo, it displays "PdhCollectQuery error" in the status bar. When I use them in my screens, 6 error messages pop-up, saying that a page fault has occured.
Do you know how to solve this? I am using Win XP and have administrative rights.

Greets,

Flo

Good to hear that LCDInfo works now. 0.3.2 was supposed to support busyflag checking for the Pollin wiring with T6963C. But I can't complain if it works with others too.

I haven't personally had those performance counter errors you are describing. Could you send me your setting files so that I can check those ?

Have you tried the counters with any other program ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2003 21:42 

Ok, here are my settings:

lcdinfo.ini:

Quote:
(...)
[NTPerfMon]
Enable=1
(...)

lcdperf.ini:

Quote:
[pdh_cpu_processcount]
name=\System\Prozesse
multiplier=1
precision=4
[pdh_network_downspeed]
name=\Netzwerkschnittstelle(Realtek RTL8139_810X Family PCI Fast Ethernet NIC)\Empfangene Bytes/s
multiplier=1
precision=4

The error message appears when the screen with the $pdh_cpu_processcount$ and $pdh_network_downspeed$ variables should be displayed. Instead it skips the screen. The error message is "Zugriffsverletzung bei Adresse 0040B336 in Modul 'LCDInfo.exe'. Lesen von Adresse 00000000.". In English this would be "Access violation at address 0040B336 in module 'LCDInfo.exe'. Reading from address 00000000.". In the status bar it says several times in a row "PdhCollectQueryData error".

In the LCDInfo Config program I can click on "Update every second" and it reads the values correctly. No error mesages.

Henri wrote:
Have you tried the counters with any other program ?

Yes, the system monitor in Windows displays them correctly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 17:12 

I don't know the reason for the problem now but I'll look at that. Have you tried with only one counter ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 20:34 

Yes, I tried different combinations and also with only one counter. It was always the same error. :(

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2003 9:57 
Hi, I found this on the MBM site, tried it and it works. Now I have a bunch of extra performance counters (namely processor %'s) that I didn't have before. Hope this helps some people.

Quote:
Sorry if this has already been posted, I searched but couldn't find a specific answer. But I did find a reference to a registry entry:

HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\PerfOS\Perf
ormance

In there was a registry entry:

"Disable Performance Counters" with a value of "1"

I changed the value to "0" and rebooted. Now the MBM CPU Usage works as does my Norton Utilities CPU Usage meter which didn't work either until I applied the same change. Strange though that the Task Manager still reported the CPU usage.

My theory, since this happened once before and was corrected after a rebuild of this system, is that an application I had used in the past from Cool Beans (System Info and/or CPU Meter) applies that registry entry but doesn't change it back after it's been uninstalled.

Marty :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2003 15:28 

Yeah, that worked! :) :)

I added the registry entry and now LCDInfo displays all performance counters. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2003 16:57 

Thanks for the tip Marty. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 14:50 

Discussion about T6963C programming is moved here:
http://www.skippari.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=127

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]