LCDInfo.com

http://www.lcdinfo.com
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 14:52

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: SED1520 support ?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 0:56 

Does LCDinfo support SED1520 displays ?

If not it should be trivial to add support, because SED1520 is more or less KS0108 with a changed "Display on" command and half the page count.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 22:38 
There's no SED1520 support but if it's not very hard I could have a look. But I think I first need to concentrate on the HD61830 and SED133x drivers.

Do you have any specific display in mind and what size ? Do you have any example code for SED1520 and have you programmed it ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 0:23 

Anonymous wrote:
There's no SED1520 support but if it's not very hard I could have a look. But I think I first need to concentrate on the HD61830 and SED133x drivers.

Do you have any specific display in mind and what size ? Do you have any example code for SED1520 and have you programmed it ?

This one was me as for some reason I wasn't logged in :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 22:25 
I think my LCDproc driver for SED1520 could serve as an example link.
Here my website with the connection diagrams used.

The SED1520 is usually found on the low end of graphical displays with resolutions of 122x32,120x32 or 128x32. It is basically compatibel to the KS0108, except a changed display on command (doh!) and it can only address half the pages/rows (has one bit less in these registers).

I don't know of any other Windows Software that supports these displays. I think that this is a pity, because these displays can replace a 20x4 display (with a 6x8 font) while being much smaller. I'd be glad to help with programming or testing for SED1520 support.

SED1520-based 122x32 displays can be bought in Germany from Conrad Elektronik or Reichelt who will happily sell 1-piece quantities. (Don't know about Finland, didn't find an electronics shop with LCDs last time I was in Helsinki...)

Btw, I have an USB interface for SED1520 displays in the works.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 22:27 

Anonymous wrote:
I think my LCDproc driver for SED1520 could serve as ...

This one was me as for some reason I wasn't logged in, too. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2003 23:39 

Thanks for the links, I'm sure they can be useful.

If you'd like to speed up the development of SED1520 support I could give you the KS0108 driver as a base/example to work on. Drivers are in separate DLL files in the 0.5 version so adding new drivers is easy. I think it would be easier for you to do some testing as you already have a display. :wink:
But I can also look into this myself eventually.

Quote:
SED1520-based 122x32 displays can be bought in Germany from Conrad Elektronik or Reichelt who will happily sell 1-piece quantities. (Don't know about Finland, didn't find an electronics shop with LCDs last time I was in Helsinki...)

Hehe, I think graphical lcds aren't that common in Finnish electronics shops.

Quote:

That sounds interesting. Are you using some usb chip + microcontroller or something else ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 0:50 

Henri wrote:
If you'd like to speed up the development of SED1520 support I could give you the KS0108 driver as a base/example to work on. Drivers are in separate DLL files in the 0.5 version so adding new drivers is easy. I think it would be easier for you to do some testing as you already have a display. :wink:

Yup, would be great if you could send me those files. I know that coding drivers without the actual hardware can be very frustrating sometimes. ;)

Henri wrote:
That sounds interesting. Are you using some usb chip + microcontroller or something else ?

I'm using some kind of usb chip + microcontroller. See my HP for the current version, which only supports character LCDs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 19:28 

Some files sent to your way...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 17:30 

Thx. It seems I'll need to refresh my c++ a little...

I've created a new Interface Board for the DIP122 LCD module. This will be my development target for the SED1520 driver.

If someone is interested in the pcb contact me, I'm getting some manufactured.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 16:06 

afrob wrote:
It seems I'll need to refresh my c++ a little...

The driver interface has some inherited pure virtual functions but regular C should be enough for writing rest of the driver. If there are any problems or questions just let me know.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]