LCDInfo.com

http://www.lcdinfo.com
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 20:24

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Re-inventing the wheel?
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2003 16:41 

Does anyone have a feeling that all these great lcd programs are doing the same thing? (No insult here) Lcdinfo, lcdstudio, powerlcd, liquidmp3 ...every program has winamp features, everyone has cpu, memory, network, newsticker...Every program has its strengths but why can't we combine them together? Work together i mean. Right now LCDstudio seems like a good choice becuase of its easy designer and plugin features. The most anticipated feature is the capability to draw true-type fonts on lcdstudio in future versions. Maybe the authors of these lcd programs should get together and see what they can come up with! Again, this is no insult to your awesome program. Yours was one of the firsts! =}

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2003 21:29 

I think these programs represent the skill and the "want to get" skill in programming of each author.

By the Way there are differences in Programminglanguage.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2003 21:50 

GoldServe, you have pretty much summed up my toughts in that. Working together is something I've brought up few times since last summer in forum discussions. Unfortunately there haven't been much response so there haven't been other choices for me than work with LCDInfo but I haven't had enough time to code everything to the release shape.

Truetype fonts are nice (and LCDInfo has supported them almost from the beginning ;) ). I tested the new LCDStudio yesterday and it really seemed nice. Well, it doesn't support many things that I've been working on and planning lately. Some things that I have currently on drawing board or in early stages: event support, action support, more advanced plugin interface (not only data plugins), support for graphical bars and graphs, animations + many other things. I don't know Ray's stand on this but I have a feeling that he wants to keep LCDStudio as his own personal project.

So I would be ready to work together to make a better program as I alone can't make all that I would like to. There have been couple persons lately who have worked on plugins for LCDInfo but if there are others who would be interested to work on plugins or the main program just contact me. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 1:30 

Yeah, that's a shame that we can't put all the nice ideas together. Graphical bars and such would be nice. Event scripting is another good idea. Too bad..it will be a difficult time figuring out which lcd software to use in the end!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]