LCDInfo.com

http://www.lcdinfo.com
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:54

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 10:58 
First off all I want to apologize for my bad english :D

Allright coming to my Problem now:
I've just finished my 128x64 Display, connected it to my parallel port, installed the portdriver and the runtimelib. And finally LCDInfo.
So far so good.

Now the problems started. The display displays .bmp graphics fine! But as soon as I add text to the Bitmap. Or just diplaying text only. The whole thing is messed up! The text is displayed right , but in the same line single Charakters appear which should be there. Looks, like the display is repeating the text on the left side a second time on the right...

Anyone an idea what is wrong?

THX
FastJack

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 17:10 

I *think* this is a bug, seems to happen if you display a line of text which is longer than the display, it will wrap within the 2nd (right) half of the screen, over the letters that are already there. (Does it sometimes wrap onto the next "line" depending on which x-pixel the original text started at? I'm sure I've seen that happen before too.)

I think this is what the KS0108 controller automatically does, and I guess if you don't want it to happen, you have to shorten the length of the text you want to display before you display it (not done by LCDInfo, but could be added as an option I'm sure)?

(Someone correct me on the above as it may be totally wrong!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 18:03 

Yes, this is something like what lek just wrote above. The new LCDInfo should fix this as in it you define the length of text fields.

Also some field size settings were available in these 0.4 test versions http://www.skippari.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=268 but they might have some new problems.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 18:08 

FastJack wrote:
The text is displayed right , but in the same line single Charakters appear which should be there. Looks, like the display is repeating the text on the left side a second time on the right...

Now that I read that again it might also be something about timing problems or something...

Post subject: ks 108,
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2003 21:58 

sounds like both 107 chip selects are enabled at the same time.
check that both CS1 line and CS2 line are not both on at once.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]