LCDInfo.com

http://www.lcdinfo.com
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:22

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Fordata KS0108 problem
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 22:16 

Hi

I have hocked a fordata 128x64 Ks0108 to the parallell port.
I can't get it to work with LCDinfo 0.32 or liqudLCD but LCDinfo 0.3 works fine, and the KS0108 test program as well!
What could be the problem? What is diffrent betwen 0.3 and 0.32 in the KS0108 support? What "delay" in the config program is compatible with the old 0.3 without this setting?

Thanks in advance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 22:31 

In 0.3 the KS0108 write timings were wrong and only worked in win9x systems and sometimes not at all. Delay of 0 would probably be closest to 0.3 setting but there were other differences and it isn't possible to change the timing with the delay setting only.

Do you get any output with 0.3.2 or LiQuiD-MP3 ? Have you tried changing parallel port settings in bios ? ECP usually works but you can try all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 14:17 

Hi

Yes i have tryed all port settings in bios.
I think signal quality is the problem! I changed to a better shielded and shorter cabel and used pullup resistors on the controll signals.
Now it at least works sometimes and for a short while, after that the screen get scrambled and you have to click on "refresh" to get it to work again.

Is there something more I could do to increase signal quality?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2003 11:30 

Yes, that sounds like signal quality problems. Maybe there's something in your environment that disturbs the signal. Personally I've been running my displays lately with over 2m parallel extension cable + about 1m ribbon cable in the displays itself and haven't noticed much problems.

Do you have the grounds of lpt port and the display connected together ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 11:21 

I am using about 0.5m of shielded cabel and a small board with resistors and so on.
Yes pin 18-25 is connected to display ground, should I also try to connect the metal housing off the parallell port connector to ground?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2003 13:16 

I don't know if grounding the parallel port connector would help but you can always try...

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]