LCDInfo.com

http://www.lcdinfo.com
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:58

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2002 23:12 

This is more like an undocumented feature rather than a bug but someone might be wondering about this. LCDInfo info doesn't support icons with KS0108 yet.

Because of the way KS0108 handles data in it's memory many things that are simple with T6963C need much more code with KS0108. Making it so that the icon can start every 8th line (0,7,15,23,31...) and the icon height can be divided by 8 (8,16,24,32,40,48,56,64) is pretty easy but more flexibility (like with T6963C) would need a lot more code.

The font support is already kind of icon support but I think it has this same limitation with KS0108 at the moment as someone may have noticed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2002 23:16 

Quote:
The font support is already kind of icon support but I think it has this same limitation with KS0108 at the moment. Have you noticed this ?

Nope the font suport work's , the only thing is that some more complex fonts tend to apear blurry , but this is the font's fault , with the normal Times new roman , Tahoma , Arial , etc... it works Great , despite sometimes when the font size of the text do display is almost to fit the whole display the refresh in the seconds on the clock tends to go out of sincronism , but i also see this in the program , so it's a font size related bug , but only hapens randomly.

By the way i've found some cool fonts for the clock display :wink: and i've beem doing som Bitmaps for the screens i use , if you whant them i can send them to you.

PS: do you have MSN Messenger , if you have give me you mail so we can talk about this.

Regards Samtech

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2002 23:28 

samtech wrote:
sometimes when the font size of the text do display is almost to fit the whole display the refresh in the seconds on the clock tends to go out of sincronism , but i also see this in the program , so it's a font size related bug , but only hapens randomly.

Yes I noticed this too.

Quote:
By the way i've found some cool fonts for the clock display :wink: and i've beem doing som Bitmaps for the screens i use , if you whant them i can send them to you.

Sure - just mail them to the address in my profile.

Quote:
PS: do you have MSN Messenger , if you have give me you mail so we can talk about this.

You can find me with Messenger using the address in my profile.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2002 2:41 

Ok , here i am back with some more bug Reports , relatedo to font placement on the screen , it seams that the coordinates given in the ini file only match on the program display for the grafic Text Option, here are some pics that show it.

This one shows the real placement on the screen.

Thsi one is how it realy shows up on the display , has you've noticed to get the clock almost at the center of the screen it was necessary to intruct the program as is on the previous picture.

The ini file for this screen is as follows:

Quote:
Font Settings
[Font0]
Name=Arial
Size=7
CutTop=
CutLeft=
Invert=0

[Font1]
Name=Digital SF
Size=26
CutTop=
CutLeft=
Invert=0

Screen settings
Quote:
[Screen9]
Enable=1
Interval=10000
Bitmap=screens\128x64_ks0108_images\image3_128x64.bmp
GraphicText0=var(10,23,1,time)
GraphicText1=var(6,15.5,0,weekday)
GraphicText2=var(48,15.5,0,date)
GraphicText3=
GraphicText4=
Icon0=
Icon1=
Icon2=
Icon3=
Icon4=
Icon5=
Icon6=
Icon7=
Icon8=
Icon9=
Line0=
Line1=
Line2=
Line3=
Line4=
Line5=
Line6=
Line7=

The font for the clock is at:http://www.skippari.net/lcd/forumstuff/digital.zip

As soon i have some screens ready i'll send them to you.

Best Regards SAmtech

ADMIN EDIT: pics and font link working again

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2002 18:54 

samtech wrote:
Ok , here i am back with some more bug Reports , relatedo to font placement on the screen , it seams that the coordinates given in the ini file only match on the program display for the grafic Text Option, here are some pics that show it.

This is because of the placement problems with KS0108 that I mentioned earlier. I should be able to make some kind solution for this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2002 22:18 
Ok , as soon as you have , if possible post the link here ;-)

Regards SAmtech

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2002 23:58 

Anonymous wrote:
Ok , as soon as you have , if possible post the link here ;-)

Regards SAmtech

Here's a new little better working version:
http://www.skippari.net/lcd/sekalaista/ ... .2pre4.zip

It has the icon support for KS0108 also. It's not perfect but if you try make icons so that the height can be divided by 8 it should work somehow.

Also the y position for fonts / icons should be 0, 7, 15, 23, 31, 39, 47 or 55.

This version is the win9x version so if anyone needs the nt version with performance counters I can compile it also.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2002 0:05 
Ok, now it Works !!! :wink:

Nice and quick job , some icons didn't displayed , but a simple resize to a number divisible by 8 as you said solved the problem , but there is still a litle error that apeared , some time after being displaying the screens ldc info gives me a error (could not draw to canvas) that apear in lot's of windows with an OK button , and the only way to close is to kill the program , at the time i'm testing it on a win 98 system (on my store's computer) , but as soon i get home ill test it on Win XP

Regards and Keep up the good Work ;-)

SAmtech

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 16:39 
I might found a BUG :)

I just tested yor LCD-info 0.3.2 with my ks0108 128x64. The images for the background looked all to wide. I testet a little bit, and finally when I resize the pics to 64x128, they are displayed all right in the LCD. Could it be, that you switched 128x64 to 64x128 e.g. x and y?

Taros666

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 17:12 
All the infos (normal text) is to wide, too (2*x resolution). But a True-Type-Font (e.g. to display clock) looks just fine and is rendered the way I want it to be. I test under Linux, 'cause I might have soldered something wrong... If all works fine under linux, I might post another (better) BUG-report...

Taros666

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 8:58 

Taros666 wrote:
I might found a BUG :)

I just tested yor LCD-info 0.3.2 with my ks0108 128x64. The images for the background looked all to wide. I testet a little bit, and finally when I resize the pics to 64x128, they are displayed all right in the LCD. Could it be, that you switched 128x64 to 64x128 e.g. x and y?

Interesting. I don't think the x and y are switched as it works fine with my 128x64 KS0108 display.

So there's nothing wrong if pictures are in 64x128 format and the whole picture is seen this way ? Strange.

Quote:
All the infos (normal text) is to wide, too (2*x resolution). But a True-Type-Font (e.g. to display clock) looks just fine and is rendered the way I want it to be. I test under Linux, 'cause I might have soldered something wrong... If all works fine under linux, I might post another (better) BUG-report...

It would be interesting to hear your test results with other programs, maybe that would help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 13:31 
I made some more test :)

I had some problems using the LCD under Linux - the only working app is graphLCD-Plugin for VDR (Video-Disk-Recorder) but finally it works under Linux very well. I have a nice picture, no glitches... no strange resolution faults! It just looks *WOW* !

Using 64x128 pics isn't the solution. Because then I have a ghost image overlaying the 128x64 image with the 64x128 Image. Every 2nd row seems not to be drawn or every 2nd row is alway a clear pixel, resulting in an image that seems to be to wide.
Instead of:

Hello

I get:

H e l l o

(jusr not every character, but every ROW has a space!)

Still, when I use the "text" command in the screen.ini everything looks fine and very impressing!

Taros666 aka Frank

P.S. I wanted to post a piczure or two, but my webcam just can't handle a pic made 10cm away from the LCD. Everythings just blurry and you can't see a thing...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 15:47 
I just wanted to add that using icons and images works fine.
So when I replace Bitmap= with Icon0=, the Diplay just looks fine. But using this for the Clock (or any updated info) the display flickers a lot.
Well it is better than to see all the glitches or nothing :)

Is there another app that I can use to test my Display under Windows? In Linux there is only one app and that works very well (see previous post)

Taros666

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 16:52 

Oh my God, you all will hate me... :oops:
I had my Par-Port set to EPP. Switching to ECP resolved all my Problems!
I am sorry for writing 5(!) posts.
I must have missed that (I read, that I have to use ECP in Liquid-mp3-forum...) Maybe I missed that in a README?!

So your LCDinfo works! And *WOW* it looks good :)

Sorry for blaming LCDinfo to be buggy ;)

Taros666 (finally registered to that Forum)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 19:05 

Well, it's a know fact that there are bugs in LCDInfo but I'm glad this wasn't one of them. :wink:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]