LCDInfo.com

http://www.lcdinfo.com
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:59

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2002 8:42 

Hi, I am still having the same problem with this EAAccessViolation Error Message.
The one version without performance counters just works fine, but the one with them doesn't :(
I am still using the old MBM version, but that cant be the problem, can it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2002 10:21 

Chrizzz wrote:
Hi, I am still having the same problem with this EAAccessViolation Error Message.
The one version without performance counters just works fine, but the one with them doesn't :(
?
I am still using the old MBM version, but that cant be the problem, can it?

Old MBM version probably isn't causing this, at least not for me when I have tried with w2k and me.

Alexander also has XP and he hasn't reported this error so I guess he's not having it. :)

Maybe this is something with the DriverLinx port driver. Have you tried installing the original DriverLinx package ? It is possible that if you aren't using your system as Administrator the dynamic driver loading isn't working or something like that.

Let me know what's going on and I'll try to figure this out. This is probably some kind error situation that needs error checking and error message implemented.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2002 10:45 

Just read Chrizzz's post again and you said that the version without pdh.dll is working fine so the problem is probably in the the performance counters. What if you disable performance counters in [PDH] section in ini. Have you tried using the lcd_info_conf.exe program before trying lcdinfo or does the configuration program give the same error ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2002 12:28 

Ok, when I try to start the lcd_info_conf.exe everything is fine.
But as soon as I add a performance counter, and press update, following error message appears:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2002 14:32 

Chrizzz wrote:
But as soon as I add a performance counter, and press update, following error message appears:

Ok, now I should know where to look for the problem (hope so). Maybe this is some perfmon / XP compatibility problem. I'll try to get XP and find whats causing that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2002 17:30 

Chrizz, do you use an english version of wxp? Just crossed my mind that I'm using an english version and mine works just fine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2002 17:33 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2002 21:44 

Chrizzz wrote:

Argh, this is puzzling me. :?
I just looked at the previous posts in this thread and realized that the pdhtest I made before was working for you. Is the pdhtest still working fine ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2002 13:43 

Obviously I am using the German Windows XP Pro version ;)
pdhtest was working and still IS working fine :lol:

I dont understand it neither :(
I dont think that there is a problem because of the different languages, but Henri must have changed something between pdhtest and LCDInfo .02f that causes this error message :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2002 14:29 

Chrizzz wrote:
Henri must have changed something between pdhtest and LCDInfo .02f that causes this error message :?:

Probably.

I looked at the sources yesterday but didn't find the difference. I need to look at them side by side later today. Maybe it's something with the multiplier / precision settings. Have you tried other counters than network stats ? (most likely yes, but...)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2002 23:04 

Yes, I tried serveral counters. Everything works fine

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2002 12:49 

I've been comparing the sources of pdhtest and lcdinfoconf, but haven't found any significant changes. There are some differences in how the values in the list are updated but I couldn't see the problem.

I also installed XP (eng) last night but I didn't see any problems with it and lcdinfo. Strange.

Maybe this could after all be something with the language version. Are there any strange letters or something in the german version ? :)
There shouldn't be any predefined language dependent things in my code but the counter names come from the counter browser.

Using C++Builder in debug mode in your system would probably show the problem but this isn't a feasible idea or what do you think ?

I'll try do some minor adjustments to the code later and put a download link here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2002 3:40 

Yeah, do that...

Or at last, I will try to debug the source... But that'll be hard 4 me ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2002 11:52 

Chrizzz wrote:
Yeah, do that...

Or at last, I will try to debug the source... But that'll be hard 4 me ;)

I'll try to find some time for that. Being a beginner in programming myself it's not too easy for me either.

Yesterday I did some research of interfacing lcd to usb port. Thanks to the chips from FTDI it seems to be easier than I have thought. Anyone else interested if I get something done ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2002 17:29 

Hi Henri....

LAtely I had to completely re install my system. Now your software works just fine... Dont ask me why :D

But I am happy, great work!!!

One feature idea:

Why dont you add a big digital Clock that fills up the full LCD?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next