LCDInfo.com

http://www.lcdinfo.com
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:00

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2002 12:55 

Alexander wrote:
:idea:
Check this out,
http://www.samurize.tk

Nice program and looks like it's using the Performance Counters I was talking about.

Just one problem: I tried the perfmon utility with my system, but couldn't find any "performance objects" related to network information. I'm pretty sure that I've seen them before and even used them but now I couldn't find any.

What kind performance objects are you (anyone) seeing ? Anything about network information ?

EDIT: There should probably be something like "Network Interfaces" or "IP"

EDIT2: Found solution thanks to samurize forum:

Download exctrlst_setup.exe from the following address and install it.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/te ... rlst-o.asp

After that run the exctrlst.exe and enable the performance objects you want to see.

Last edited by Henri on Thu Jun 13, 2002 17:28, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2002 13:00 

I've also been thinking for a long time to add a feature to show information in a graphical form.

Something like a graph about network traffic or processor utilization or almost anything...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2002 11:15 

A graph feature would be really nice, bur Bar graphs do not really look good, I think.

But add this network traffic feature ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2002 11:17 

I'm glad to hear that my link was able to push you forward.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2002 12:13 

Chrizzz wrote:
But add this network traffic feature ;)

It's coming... I have already done some simple code that can read the performance counters. There are many new things to learn and it's taking some time, but soon I should have something for you to test.

I've been thinking of making this so that any Performance Counter available at your machine can be used in LCDInfo. There are still many issues to solve but I'm working on it.

Documentation about PDH library at MSDN:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us ... pdhlib.asp

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2002 4:11 

Now here comes something for you to test that doesn't need any lcd display. :)
It's a simple program to test the performance counters code. I've been developing it with w2k sp2 machine so I don't know how it works with winxp or any other system than mine. Because of that I'd be happy to hear your experiences with it. Can you get it to show the network stats ?

It requires the runtime library that can be found at the LCDInfo page if you don't already have it. It shouldn't need other files but I may be wrong as usual.

http://www.skippari.net/lcd/pdhtest.zip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2002 17:11 

Jupp, that programm just works fine on my XP Prof.

It displays the traffic correctly ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2002 17:45 

Chrizzz wrote:
Jupp, that programm just works fine on my XP Prof.

It displays the traffic correctly ;)

That's good, now I just have to integrate this to the LCDInfo. I could just hardcode some counters to the program but I don't think that's the best idea because of differences in everyone's system configuration. And it would probably be a nice feature to be able to use any counter you want to.

I've been thinking of doing some kind configuration program for LCDInfo that would perform this. I could also incorporate all the other configurable features to this configuration program so you wouldn't need to edit the ini by hand anymore. But it would take some work, so maybe someday.

Even better idea - why separate program for configuration when I could add configuration to the main program.

So many features to add - when am I going to have time to clean up the code and look for bugs :D

Post subject: .
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2002 22:07 
Henri wrote:
Alexander wrote:
Check this out,
http://www.samurize.tk

Nice program and looks like it's using the Performance Counters I was talking about..

Thanx :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2002 15:31 

The new version doesnt work on my XP system. When i try to start it, it says something about an EA Access Violation :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2002 17:33 

Chrizzz wrote:
The new version doesnt work on my XP system. When i try to start it, it says something about an EA Access Violation :(

:( I wonder what's wrong. I'll have to look at the code and try to find the problem. I'll also try to get XP for my secondary system to do some testing.

Does the configuration program work ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2002 17:56 

I just realized many potential problems in the LCDInfo version 0.2e code. I'll have to go through the code and add error checking to many places.

I also realized that this version 0.2e won't probably work in windows 95/98/me systems because of the nt only performance monitors. Stupid me.

Does someone know of a way to load this code only on nt systems so that the program would work also on 95/98/me or do I have to make a separate version for them ? In fact I haven't tested LCDInfo on windows 95 or 98 but only using windows me but I would believe that it works at least with 98.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2002 9:04 

Juhannuksen takia kehityksessä oli pientä taukoa, mutta nyt pitäisi taas jatkua.

Yesterday I included the new MBM shared memory support to the program so the next version is going to need MBM 5.1.9.1 or newer. Other features added: disksize/freespace and system battery information. I have also corrected the biggest mistakes I've noticed in the code but bug reports and suggestions are always welcome. I haven't still got XP so I can't say anything about the XP problems Chrizzz was having.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2002 16:37 

I have a XP system and the only thing I am dissapointedin is the output to the screen. It sometimes prints lines here and there.
I've done the ini file that I am pleased with and program is messing it up every now and then.

For example when i want to print winamp text to the line four, it prints it also to the line one. Check this out please.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2002 0:05 

Alexander wrote:
I have a XP system and the only thing I am dissapointedin is the output to the screen. It sometimes prints lines here and there.

This may have something to do with the CheckBusyFlag setting. If this is disabled the computer may be sending commands too fast to the lcd and it misses some of them.

This is just something that came to my mind. There can as well be a bug in my code.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next