LCDInfo.com

http://www.lcdinfo.com
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:03

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 3:13 

yeah i called them about getting a RMA and they wouldn't give me one and they said that they wouldn't bother testing it because they can't take the chance if it being damaged my static electricity. :? oh well i guess that i can't have everything. that reset circuit makes sense because when i turn off my PC the display will hold the previous setting for a while. i was a little iffy about connectiong it that way to begin with. i will go shopping on monday for the parts. i really wish that i had my own car.
hey henri does windows write to the drivers when you use them?? because everytime i use the program i get something different. what is up with that?? i made the DLPORTIO drivers write protected and i cgot the program to do the samething twice. on the third try......no luck.....it wrote to them....or something?? :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 12:11 

computergeekguy wrote:
yeah i called them about getting a RMA and they wouldn't give me one and they said that they wouldn't bother testing it because they can't take the chance if it being damaged my static electricity. :?

I exhanged some emails with Crystalfontz last summer and this subject came up. I can understand their policy as there are probably many people who buy the parallel modules and then they mess up something with it. Can happen to me too. There are just so many things that can go wrong especially if you are doing it the first time. And the profit margins in parallel modules just aren't enough to pay for someone elses mistakes even if it would be good service.

Good thing is that there shouldn't be that many broken modules they are selling as the modules are tested at the factory. But anything can happen in the transport. :(
I've bought about 40 parallel modules (128x64 KS0108, 240x128 T6963C and 240x64 T6963C) and they have all worked fine. Although there are still some in their plastic bags that haven't been opened.

Quote:
hey henri does windows write to the drivers when you use them?? :?:

I don't think so. But I've never even checked it.

Variation in the output can be because of wrong timings and has happened to me too. Maybe you should try re-wiring your display.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2002 0:43 

computergeekguy, have you tried MarkusM's software ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 16:37 

genesis wrote:
i noticed some lcd wont work if there s no external pullup at the parallel port output...
try to connect four 4.7k pullups at the control signals of the lcd.....
that's solve some friends lcd problems....

http://zapour.student.utwente.nl/schijf ... ?p=248#248

This might be worth trying if you are having these problems. Although I remember that someone who had problems with the Displaytech 64128A tried this and it didn't help. Anyway it's worth a try.

Post subject: Missing link
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 19:01 
can you please put the http://www.skippari.net/lcd/DLPortIO.zip thing back please thank you[/url][/quote]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 22:28 

It has been moved but you can get it here: http://www.skippari.net/lcd/lcdinfo.html

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6