LCDInfo.com

http://www.lcdinfo.com
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 16:11

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2002 17:26 

There have been some problems in certain systems of LCDInfo locking up when it's started. One reason for this behaviour is that there may be something in the screen ini that the used system doesn't support.

Solution for this is to start with an empty screen ini file and build your own screens using the supplied files as examples. This way you can make the screens look like you want.

If you can find out the feature that is causing the lockup please report it and maybe it can be fixed.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2002 9:47 
Hiya,

one reason for locking up is when all screens are set to enable=0. it loads screen0 and shows it for a couple of seconds, then locks up.

Hase

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2002 10:58 

Hase wrote:
one reason for locking up is when all screens are set to enable=0. it loads screen0 and shows it for a couple of seconds, then locks up.

I think I know why this is happening and I should be able to fix it.

Thanks for informing me about this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2002 17:33 

I remenber another thinh that make myne crash absolutely , on the lates preview version you've sended me the perfonmence couters ini file had a counter that did no exist so it completely bloked , i put on my previeou test file too replace that one and it was ok.

But for now i also have another ploble , the doesn't makes LCD Info crash ,, but display an error message , like acsess violation and then gives me a code , this hapens randomly , so i haven't yet fount the guilty screen or function , most of the time i've seen it it was when i left the PC and when i got back there she was.

Another strange thing was anohter mesage saying C++ Exception this one hapened to me many times , but again i havent got a clue for what caused it , so i disebled mail check , and till now it didn't showed up.

Ohter thing is sometimes it takes controll over alll the system resouces and takes CPU usage to 100 % ,the only way to back to normal is to restart it (LCD INfo).

Samtech

A7N8X Dlx
256 Mb DDR PC3200 OCZ
GF 4 Ti 4200 128 DDR
180 Gb
Studio PCTV Pro

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2002 16:15 

samtech wrote:
perfonmence couters ini file had a counter that did no exist so it completely bloked

Ok, this is another thing to make it crash.

Quote:
But for now i also have another ploble , the doesn't makes LCD Info crash ,, but display an error message , like acsess violation and then gives me a code , this hapens randomly , so i haven't yet fount the guilty screen or function , most of the time i've seen it it was when i left the PC and when i got back there she was.

Hmm, don't know about this either. Let's hope the problem can be found and fixed.

Quote:
Another strange thing was anohter mesage saying C++ Exception this one hapened to me many times , but again i havent got a clue for what caused it , so i disebled mail check , and till now it didn't showed up.

Maybe there's some problems in the mail check. How many accounts did you have in the mail check ?

Quote:
Ohter thing is sometimes it takes controll over alll the system resouces and takes CPU usage to 100 % ,the only way to back to normal is to restart it (LCD INfo).

Haven't got a clue about this at the moment. I don't think it has happened to me. But this can be annoying if it's happening on your system.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2002 19:16 

Henri wrote:

Quote:

Hmm, don't know about this either. Let's hope the problem can be found and fixed.

Quote:

Maybe there's some problems in the mail check. How many accounts did you have in the mail check ?

Quote:

Haven't got a clue about this at the moment. I don't think it has happened to me. But this can be annoying if it's happening on your system.

Well I only have one mail acount displaying on LCD info ,so that should not be the problem , in fact the C++ Exception apeared to me yesterday night again with the email check disabled only in the screen file , now i'm trinig with it disabled on the main LCDinfo.ini

The acsess violation still apeared , after the pop test ill disable the perfonmence couters to see if they are the guilty ones.

Has for the CPU going to 100 % till now (1 day runing )it didn't show up.

Samtech

Votes of a Merry Crhistmas to you all !!!!!!!!!!!!

A7N8X Dlx
256 Mb DDR PC3200 OCZ
GF 4 Ti 4200 128 DDR
180 Gb
Studio PCTV Pro

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 12:37 

Hase wrote:

I have now made a simple check that should prevent this.

Also better error handling is now done and error messages redirected to error.txt instead of message dialogs. There may still be some errors that pop up a message dialog but as they are found I'll try redirect them to error.txt.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]