LCDInfo.com

http://www.lcdinfo.com
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:41

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2002 2:20 

Ok , here is my reply after being runing for some time (+- 20 min)on Windows Xp , Lcd Info starts to stall and give the folowing message:

If i click ok it closes and continues to function but very slow.

On windows 98 apears the same window but repeated many times , with the message could not draw to canvas ans the only way to kill it is by hiting CTRL+Alt+Del .

SAmtech

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2002 13:30 

I've never got that error but I'll have to admit that I haven't tested the 0.3.2 pre versions very extensively yet.

I left LCDInfo running on my system this morning and I'll report how it's going on when I get back home (hoping that it hasn't crashed the whole system).

You are the first one to report of this so either nobody else has had the problem or just haven't bothered to mention it. Have you checked how much memory it's using when the error appears ? Although it doesn't have to use much memory to waste all the system resources.
I haven't noticed LCDInfo taking more than max. 2.5MB of memory in the W2K task manager.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2002 20:13 

Ok , ill check it tomorow or later today , since now i have to go to work.

Samtech

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2002 23:20 

LCDInfo was running fine on my system and I didn't notice anything strange with it. I didn't have email checking enabled so maybe that has something to do with it. I'm also running version 0.3.2 pre11.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2002 4:20 
All the error's i have are with the preview0.3.2pre4 ,with the version you mentioned i don't have any problems
nheither on Win 98 or in xp , so it's related wiht the preview0.3.2pre4 version
Here are the descriptions os the errors.

AMD k6 2 @500 gives the following
CAnvas does not allow drawing , lots of message boxes with this multipling exponetialy
This causes all resources to be ocupied by LCD info ,can't do a thing with this on, i have to hard kill LCD info , i ried to do a print screen but it's imposible is give an insificient memory error , tomorow i'll try to take a picture with my digital camera

alsso gives this
win 32 error. code:87.

O parametro é invalido (invalid parameter)

All the message boxes only have an OK botton and are always showning

Amd k6 2 @350

Also give the same error from about 5 minutes of being runing

Ill test it later on a P II @ 300 also with Win 98.

On my pc (P III @866 with Win XP)
only gives what i wrote in the previous post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2002 4:25 

Upps :wink:
Forgot to loggin on the previous post.

Tomorow as i've said ill test it on a P II @300 with win 98 to see how it behaves.

Regards Samtech

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2002 11:36 

Hmm, you really have the 0.3.2 pre11 version ? I'm going to put something together and release a new test version as soon as possible. I fixed couple things that hopefully have something to do with your error.

You could send me your config and maybe I would be able to reproduce the error using it.

I also split the topic as you may have noticed. I thought that this didn't have much to do with the KS0108 icons so I gave it a new topic. Hope you don't mind. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2002 22:30 

Why should mind :wink:

Off course we all want to do the best we can ,and you are doing a great support to LCD info 8) ,today i'll take the pictures , i got the digital camera right here.

At night i'll send the config file I use and the fotos to your mail or tomorow afternoon i can send it to your via MSN.

Regard's Samtech

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2002 20:37 

Ok, i think i got it , the program crashes are related to the grafic text feature , i say this because i've been doing some testing yesterday at night , disabling and enabling screens and changing parameters on the pc's where i got the erors ,i used a config file from a a stable version tha hadn't suport for grafic text nor icons in KS0108 to this version and the program behaved excelentely , no crashes at all , then istarted to add th new features to the ini file , first the grafic's text , as a result the program crashed passed 3 or 4 min , next i aded the icon support , and it crashed faster , next i removed the grafic text and itrun perfectly for about an hour(it didnt crashed on that time , i didn't had it for more time because i had to close the coffe shop) , so i can presume that is related to it, this happens in all the preview versions that started to have grafical text support , not only to the latest (i think there are only 2 off these previem versions) , ill send you the pics from the computer screen and the config file plus the images i used on it to your email.

Regards SAmtech

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2002 22:15 

Ok, send me the config + images and I'll try to reproduce the bug.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2002 15:17 

Yep, seems like there is a memory leak in the graphic text code in version 0.3.2pre4. I haven't been able to reproduce the errors but I've noticed the program slowly taking more memory. Strange that I hadn't noticed this in my own tests although one time I was especially watching for memory leaks. Luckily I noticed the couple places in graph text code where memory wasn't freed after use.

The fixes I mentioned earlier were supposed to correct this and last night I left version 0.3.2pre11 running your config and 8 hours later the amount of memory used was still same so this seems to be fixed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2002 21:14 

Here's a new one to test:
http://www.skippari.net/lcd/sekalaista/ ... 2pre12.zip

It has quite a lot changes compared to the 0.3.2pre4 version so I probably won't remember them all.

-Added external ip function: $extip$
Using this page to get the ip: http://whatismyip.com
Some configuration options in lcdinfo.ini

-Local ip changed from $omaip$ to $localip$

-No more GraphicText setting in ini. Changed to:
Graphic0=text(10,23,1,$time$)
Graphic0=text(10,23,1,"Free text")

-Support for 5 pop3 accounts - syntax changed from $mailcount$ to $mailcount(0)$, $mailcount(1)$, ...

-Track number stripped from Winamp trackname
-Current track number and total playlist tracks for Winamp $winamptracknum$ $winamptracktotal$

These winamp changes have been made by Langley Rock who has also been working on some other new features that will be seen in future versions.

Hmm, what else ? I'm sure you'll tell me if there's something that needs explanation or doesn't work like before.

Post subject: Great Work
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 7:35 
Great Work Henri,

The extip thing is fantastic. And works well might I add. Also the support for multiple pop is great. :)

Could you post the NT version as I can't get performance counters to work with this version. :? What performance counters are you using for internet and local traffic? (I have an ADSL router on the local network so this might not be possible)

Thanks, Marty.

Post subject: Re: Great Work
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 10:03 

Guest wrote:
The extip thing is fantastic. And works well might I add. Also the support for multiple pop is great. :)

:) I just did it couple hours before the release last night so it haven't been tested much but hope it works well in the future too.

Quote:
Could you post the NT version as I can't get performance counters to work with this version. :? What performance counters are you using for internet and local traffic?

Sure I'll compile the NT version tonight and post it here.

You mean the internet and local traffic counters found in Niko's screens ? Here's the lcdperf.ini:
Quote:
[pdh_received]
name=\Network Interface(TW-IA300 - Packet Scheduler Miniport)\Bytes Received/sec
multiplier=0,001
precision=4
[pdh_sent]
name=\Network Interface(TW-IA300 - Packet Scheduler Miniport)\Bytes Sent/sec
multiplier=0,001
precision=4
[pdh_sent_ether]
name=\Network Interface(Realtek RTL8139 Family PCI Fast Ethernet NIC - Packet Scheduler Miniport)\Bytes Sent/sec
multiplier=0,001
precision=4
[pdh_received_ether]
name=\Network Interface(Realtek RTL8139 Family PCI Fast Ethernet NIC - Packet Scheduler Miniport)\Bytes Received/sec
multiplier=0,001
precision=4
[pdh_processor]
name=\Processor(_Total)\% Processor Time
multiplier=1
precision=3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2002 1:55 
Almost forgot but here are the NT exes:

http://www.skippari.net/lcd/sekalaista/ ... 2ntexe.zip

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next