LCDInfo.com

http://www.lcdinfo.com
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:21

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Bugs in LCDInfo
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2002 13:59 

If you find any bugs, please tell about them, and they may get fixed.

known bugs:
-the program hangs after seti has reached 100% and starts a new packet

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2002 16:47 
I found one :D or better :(

When i shutdown my computer (OS is XP), LCDinfo still running, I get an error Message: Priviliged Instruction.
And new windows with this error message open until i close the prog via taskmanager...

And even if no error message comes up, i have to cloase lcdinfo by hand, otherwise my comp won't shut down....

Chrizzz

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2002 4:00 
Hi Henri.

I have the same problem with XP. It's a real pain. I have to use taskmanager to quit the task if I forget to shut down LCDInfo. And so I can not perform Automated shutdowns and restarts. :cry:

I also had the same problem with a prog call LCD Smartie that drives alphanumeric LCD. It too used the NTPort program. May the problem is with the port driver and not LCD Info.

Also, I may be missing something but how do I add pdh registers? LCDInfo Conf won't allow me to enter anything in the pdh section. The ADD button does nothing. I have enabled it in the conf file. :?:

Any ideas. Marty

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2002 7:55 

Guest wrote:
Hi Henri.

I have the same problem with XP. It's a real pain. I have to use taskmanager to quit the task if I forget to shut down LCDInfo. And so I can not perform Automated shutdowns and restarts. :cry:

I also had the same problem with a prog call LCD Smartie that drives alphanumeric LCD. It too used the NTPort program. May the problem is with the port driver and not LCD Info.

Also, I may be missing something but how do I add pdh registers? LCDInfo Conf won't allow me to enter anything in the pdh section. The ADD button does nothing. I have enabled it in the conf file. :?:

Any ideas. Marty

I've been aware of this problem for a long time already but for some reason I haven't done anything for it. Sorry :(
I'll try to find out if it's the DLPortIO driver or the TDLPortIO wrapper or something else that's causing that.

Which LCDInfo version are you using ? Performance monitors only work in the nt version. Although it can be seen in the non nt config they are disabled so that they won't do anything to prevent crashes. I should document this somewhere. In fact I should remove them from the non nt version but I've been trying to keep the differences between the two versions to minimum.
Even when the performance monitors work they are not the most simple things to use in my program but I'll try to make them better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2002 8:22 
Hi Henri,

I am using version 3.0. On windows XP. I'm not sure which version it is. Where can I find out. Maybe I should d/l again and make sure I have the NT version. (stupid me eh?)

But I will d/l v3.1 NT now and try that.

Is there a way to find out which version of the port driver I have?

BTW....great program so far. When you get it running well (multi emails, multi IP's, games servers etc) you should ask for donations. People would pay a small donation if it was top notch.

A prog called LCD smartie is getting very good. But only for alphanumeric, not graphic displays. You might get some ideas, even ask the dude how he got all those extra bits working.

Thanks again Henri.

Marty

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2002 8:48 

Guest wrote:
Hi Henri,
I'm not sure which version it is. Where can I find out.

To be honest I'm not sure how to find it out with the latest versions. Look's like I forgot to add anything that would help recognizing them. Well the nt version won't run on w9x systems :) And in w9x version the perfmon config doesn't do anything when pressing buttons :)

Quote:
Is there a way to find out which version of the port driver I have?

I believe there's only one version that you might be using. The TDLPortIO is a wrapper component that is used in programming for DLPortIO driver.

Quote:
BTW....great program so far. When you get it running well (multi emails, multi IP's, games servers etc) you should ask for donations. People would pay a small donation if it was top notch.

I'll try to add new features and make this a better program as I have free time.

Quote:
A prog called LCD smartie is getting very good. But only for alphanumeric, not graphic displays. You might get some ideas, even ask the dude how he got all those extra bits working.

I sometime checked LCD Smartie's feature list and it looked pretty good. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2002 16:52 
I think I may have some info for you. I got the same error (Priviliged Instruction) when I had LCDInfo running and changed some settings in MBM. Maybe the problem is that during shutdown MBM shutsdown first and LCDinfo can not access the shared memory. I will try disabling MBM settings in LCDinfo and shutdown to see if that helps sort out the problem.

Also verison 3.1 is good. I got the NT performance variables to work well. Thank you.

Marty.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2002 16:54 
Yes. I think that is the problem!!

If LCDinfo is running and you turnoff MBM then the same error occurs.

And I watched process during a shutdown and MBM shuts down before LCDInfo causing the error.

Not sure how to fix this. Hope this helps you.

Marty.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2002 17:10 

Guest wrote:
Yes. I think that is the problem!!

If LCDinfo is running and you turnoff MBM then the same error occurs.

And I watched process during a shutdown and MBM shuts down before LCDInfo causing the error.

Not sure how to fix this. Hope this helps you.

Marty.

Thanks for this information! :D :D

You have probably saved me a lot of time. I'll look at that and I guess there should be something I can do to prevent this.

If you notice anything else let me know.

Post subject: Any progress?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2002 9:30 
Hi Henri,

How are things going with this bug?

Is there a new version due out soon?

Marty. :P

Post subject: Re: Any progress?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2002 13:06 

Guest wrote:
Hi Henri,

How are things going with this bug?

Is there a new version due out soon?

Marty. :P

Last time I was working with LCDInfo code I added a preliminary truetype font support to it (works with T6963C and kind of works with KS0108).
This shutdown bug isn't fixed yet but I have some ideas to look at.

I hope that a new version is coming soon but I can't promise anything.

Post subject: What's happening?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2002 12:31 
Hi Henri,

Things have been fairly quite here recently. I have been checking to see how things are going, but not much has changed. I was wondering how you were going with the MBM bug?

Marty

Post subject: Re: What's happening?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2002 20:05 

Guest wrote:
Hi Henri,

Things have been fairly quite here recently. I have been checking to see how things are going, but not much has changed. I was wondering how you were going with the MBM bug?

Nice to see someone interested how things are going. :D

Unfortunately there isn't much I've done for the bug. :( I did some research about month ago but not much else. I have worked only couple hours with LCDInfo in the past month because I've had so much other things to do.

But I can give you something new to test:
This version has a preliminary truetype font support to play with.

http://www.skippari.net/lcd/sekalaista/preview.zip

Changes:

[Font] sections

and [Screen] section
GraphicText0=Test(10,10,1)
GraphicText1=var(50,20,0,winampstatus)

First one writes text "Test" to place 10,10 with font 1
and the second one writes "winampstatus" variable to point 50,20 with font 0

Max number of fonts is 5 and for GraphicText columns 10. If needed I can easily increase these values.

Included INIs have some examples how they work.

Config program in the preview.zip is for the NT version but you can replace it with the one from 0.3.1 package if needed.

Post subject: Great Fonts
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2002 3:33 
Hi Henri,

The fonts work a treat :D

I have tried LCDStudio, but it has a very high overhead!! 20-30% cpu utilisation.....very not good :?

Thus far I think your app is the best I have seen (small bursts of 7 to 8% at the most).

BUT the shutdown thing is a BIG problem. It is very annoying and I keep forgetting to close LCDInfo before I shutdown. And I can't run automated restarts.

Some idea:

1) support for more than 1 POP account
2) anyway get the IP address from a router? I use an ADSL router and the problem is I only get the network card address. Maybe use some sort of server to get it? LCDsmartie did it some how.
3) Anyway to put a bar graph for WinAmp?
4) Some headline or weather perhaps (plugins like Samurize uses)?

So keep up the good work.

Marty

Post subject: Re: Great Fonts
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2002 21:59 

Guest wrote:
Hi Henri,

The fonts work a treat :D

Great :D

Quote:
I have tried LCDStudio, but it has a very high overhead!! 20-30% cpu utilisation.....very not good :?

That's true. Same for me. I've even had 90-100% with the first versions of my own KS0108 / T6963C drivers for LCD Studio. I was able to get the utilization lower with some code optimizations but it still takes a lot of cpu power. These drivers for LCD Studio are another thing that I would like to finish so that they could be released but I haven't had time for them either. :(

Quote:
Thus far I think your app is the best I have seen (small bursts of 7 to 8% at the most).

I've been trying to keep the cpu usage low but there's still more optimization needed.

Quote:
BUT the shutdown thing is a BIG problem. It is very annoying and I keep forgetting to close LCDInfo before I shutdown. And I can't run automated restarts.

Some idea:

1) support for more than 1 POP account

Should be possible.

Quote:
2) anyway get the IP address from a router? I use an ADSL router and the problem is I only get the network card address. Maybe use some sort of server to get it? LCDsmartie did it some how.

I don't know a way to do this but maybe some research would help.

Quote:
3) Anyway to put a bar graph for WinAmp?

For the song progress or something else ? These should be possible. I've been planning to add graphing in some point and I did some experiments with it last summer.

Quote:
4) Some headline or weather perhaps (plugins like Samurize uses)?

I'm not sure if I've told about this here before but I've been working on code to add support for Samurize scripts. I already got some scripts working but this was in July and I haven't looked at the code since then. But this is one feature that I'd very much like to add.

Quote:
So keep up the good work.

Marty

I'll do my best and let's hope I can find some free time for this project. :)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next