LCDInfo.com

http://www.lcdinfo.com
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:50

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: External IP
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2002 2:43 
Hi Henri,

I have been looking into the external IP thing. There is a great alphanumeric LCD pogram call JaLCD (www.jalcds.de). They use wonderful addons, but this prog does not work for graphic LCDs.

About the external IP:

Quote:
I don't know a way to do this but maybe some research would help.

They say in their forum:

It's not a bug, it's a feature! The var "Current Internet IP" gives you exact what it promisses... your current Internet IP (and there is normaly only one for the whole "home" network)... and not your local network IP of your computer... afaik this feature doesn't work buy an API call or something from the OS, but by asking an external script on an internet server... for me it is the same... it give the IP of my server, which holds the connection to the internet and works as a NAT-Router for the local network

Anyway, have a look at their addon section for some ideas.

Hope this helps. :D

Marty

Post subject: Great News
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2002 3:40 
Hi Henri,

Some great news. The MBM windows XP bug seems to have been resolved. I have installed SP1 for win XP and the version you have with fonts does not have shutdown probs anymore.

Fantastic!!!!
:D

Post subject: Re: Great News
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2002 7:55 

Guest wrote:
Hi Henri,

Some great news. The MBM windows XP bug seems to have been resolved. I have installed SP1 for win XP and the version you have with fonts does not have shutdown probs anymore.

Fantastic!!!!
:D

That's great news! :D

I just made a quick test and closed and started MBM while LCDInfo was running and it didn't give any errors and seemed to work fine. This system has W2k SP2 at the moment.

Only thing that I can think of is that I have updated MBM to the newest version (5.2.0.0 + 02 Oct update) couple days ago.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2002 3:39 

Yap , that's it !!
the same thing hapened to me with LCD Smartie before the update to MBM , and now it's Great , just keep up the great work !!!
Corently i'm usin LCD info with an Data International KS0108 - 128 x 64 Display (uses a diferent tipe of conections and power (needes -20 , -8 and the normal 5 volt's) , so i made a simetric voltage suply for it , and it works fine :wink:

Now for some sugestions:
A grafival interface for editing the ini file (i'm not saying that editing is hard , but it would be a lot easyer then having to see what comand line to apply for the varios functions)

Text Scrolling (if we wanted to put more than the limited characters for the line and only wanted the information to be restricted to that line) and image scrolling, horizontaly and verticaly , jus to give some stile for the rapid image transition , some like a fade out or a pixelize efect has a transition between images would be great :wink:

A nice and big CLock (just for the looks)
And finaly but not the least a Grafic spectrum Equalizer for Winamp .

Ps if you have beta versions to test send them to me if you can :wink:

SAmtech

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2002 11:57 

samtech wrote:
Now for some sugestions:
A grafival interface for editing the ini file (i'm not saying that editing is hard , but it would be a lot easyer then having to see what comand line to apply for the varios functions)

The graphical interface would be great and I have been planning it since the beginning of this project but there has always been something else so I haven't got it done yet. :(
I was going to do it so that you can drag and drop items ( text, variables, icons etc. ) to the screen so you can always see how the screen is going to look like.

Quote:
Text Scrolling (if we wanted to put more than the limited characters for the line and only wanted the information to be restricted to that line) and image scrolling, horizontaly and verticaly , jus to give some stile for the rapid image transition , some like a fade out or a pixelize efect has a transition between images would be great :wink:

I already have some text scrolling code (thanks to ltickett :wink: ) but I haven't added it yet because there are some things to solve. ( if you look at the source code you can see it's already there but it's not enabled )
Image scrolling and effects are a good idea. Do you have any experience in programming ? :wink:

Quote:
A nice and big CLock (just for the looks)

Have you seen this:
http://www.skippari.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=185#185 (EDIT: fixed)

You can already make a basic big clock using the truetype fonts.

There might have been some problems with KS0108 and fonts but it should work somehow.

Quote:
And finaly but not the least a Grafic spectrum Equalizer for Winamp .

This one might be a little hard. Do you know of a way to do this without a plugin in winamp ? Or have seen any programs doing it without a plugin ? I think I might have seen but I don't remember any at the moment.

Quote:
Ps if you have beta versions to test send them to me if you can

ok :)

Last edited by Henri on Sun Oct 27, 2002 23:17, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2002 21:05 

First of all thanks for the quick answer , i've seen the clock (i've downloaded the preview.zip file that was in this trhed , only saw it when i tried it ) and it's great , now my goal is to find a Font that looks like those led segment clock' :lol: and it's done :wink:

As for the programing skills , sincerely i haven't any experience (maybe next year in my electronic's course we wiil givve some programing.

About winamp , the only way to put it to work is to have also a winamp plugin to make interface with LCD info.

Now I'm having a litle problem with my display i can't display the winamp status icons , they simply apear in the LCD info main screen but no on the display , here is how i've writen it in the ini file:

[Screen8]
Enable=1
Interval=5000
Bitmap=screens\128x64_ks0108_images\image2_128x64.bmp
Icon0=winampstatus(6,14)
Icon1=winampchannels(25,14)
Icon2=
Icon3=
Icon4=
Icon5=
Icon6=
Icon7=
Icon8=
Icon9=
Line0=
Line1=
Line2=
Line3=" $winampsamplerate$kHz at $winampbitrate$kb/s"
Line4=" $winamptrackpos$ / $winamptracklen$ "
Line5=" $winamptitle$ "
Line6=
Line7=

Could it be my display (that does not suport's it, as you say this displays have some problems) or is it a progam bug , has i've said it a Ks0108 display from DAta-international , i'v tried varios images and to put stand alone icons and none aperared on the display , only the full screen images apear(these without any pproblems).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2002 21:51 

samtech wrote:
Now I'm having a litle problem with my display i can't display the winamp status icons , they simply apear in the LCD info main screen but no on the display , here is how i've writen it in the ini file:

Ooops... this one is totally my fault as I don't think I have documented anywhere that KS0108 code doesn't support icons yet. :(

Because of the way KS0108 handles data in it's memory many things that are simple with T6963C need much more code with KS0108. Making it so that the icon can start every 8th line (0,7,15,23,31...) and the icon height can be divided by 8 (8,16,24,32,40,48,56,64) is pretty easy but more flexibility (like with T6963C) would need a lot more code.

The font support is already kind of icon support but I think it has this same limitation with KS0108 at the moment. Have you noticed this ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2002 23:16 

Quote:
The font support is already kind of icon support but I think it has this same limitation with KS0108 at the moment. Have you noticed this ?

Nope the font suport work's , the only thing is that some more complex fonts tend to apear blurry , but this is the font's fault , with the normal Times new roman , Tahoma , Arial , etc... it works Great , despite sometimes when the font size of the text do display is almost to fit the whole display the refresh in the seconds on the clock tends to go out of sincronism , but i also see this in the program , so it's a font size related bug , but only hapens randomly.

By the way i've found some cool fonts for the clock display :wink: and i've beem doing som Bitmaps for the screens i use , if you whant them i can send them to you.

PS: do you have MSN Messenger , if you have give me you mail so we can talk about this.

Regards Samtech

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2