LCDInfo.com

http://www.lcdinfo.com
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 17:36

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 22:16 

hello..

i've made(but not yet finished)a few screens for my optrex LCD.
i have noticed that some features not working .I'm using MBM5.2.0.0 and ofcourse LCDinfo..
the features are: $mbmusage$,$pdh_processor$,$pdh_sent$,$pdh_received$,$pdh_sent_ether$,$pdh_received_ether$.
also this feature :"s:\$diskfree(s:\)$Mb/$disksize(s:\)$Mb" gives an enourmous value of MB's.and I don't know how i can insert the www.whatsmyIp.com in my 160X128_t6963c.ini

is there a possibility to read the system(winXP) with some extra informations in the screens?i want to make a complete PC-read-out on LCD.
I have also two commando's on one line.when the first one change the second one is going out my box :" $diskfree(c:\)$ $disksize(c:\)$"
is it possible to "fix" the disk positions?

when the screens are ready you can use them as you like(and them from the future),so then you have for the 160X128 display's a complete file(for your site)

ps..henri
do you want the schematics apart or in one drawing?(i have to redraw the files,i can give it apart or together.)
and my screenfiles in a zip file with the ini's or the hole program?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 0:33 

matchless wrote:
$mbmusage$

For this to work you'll have to enable cpu usage in MBM. It's off by default. It can be found in the MBM's CPU settings. There's a checkbox for "Enable cpu usage"

Quote:
$pdh_processor$,$pdh_sent$,$pdh_received$,$pdh_sent_ether$,$pdh_received_ether$.

These are all values from the NT performance counters. You'll have to setup these in the configuration program. Performance counter settings are saved separately from the rest of the settings to the LCDPERF.INI file so you can setup these without messing rest of the settings as the configuration doesn't support 160x128 display yet. You also need the NT version of LCDInfo to use the counters. Let me know if you still need more help setting them up. It isn't the easiest thing to do in LCDInfo.

Quote:
also this feature :"s:\$diskfree(s:\)$Mb/$disksize(s:\)$Mb" gives an enourmous value of MB's.and

What drive are you using for the s:\ ? For me s:\ gives enormous values too as I don't have s:\. Do you have it working for any drive ?

Quote:
I don't know how i can insert the www.whatsmyIp.com in my 160X128_t6963c.ini

This setting is in the [ExternalIP] section of LCDINFO.INI found in the LCDInfo root directory. There you'll have to change the Enable=0 to Enable=1. To use it in your screen config use $extip$

Quote:
is there a possibility to read the system(winXP) with some extra informations in the screens?i want to make a complete PC-read-out on LCD.

What would you like to see ?

Quote:
I have also two commando's on one line.when the first one change the second one is going out my box :" $diskfree(c:\)$ $disksize(c:\)$"

Custom settings for field size aren't possible yet but I'm planning it. Some radical changes in the code are needed to make this. I could set all of them to some predefined size but this would be waste of screen space for small partitions.

Quote:
when the screens are ready you can use them as you like(and them from the future),so then you have for the 160X128 display's a complete file(for your site)

Thanks

Quote:
ps..henri
do you want the schematics apart or in one drawing?(i have to redraw the files,i can give it apart or together.)
and my screenfiles in a zip file with the ini's or the hole program?

It doesn't matter. I can separate them myself if needed and combine also. The screenfiles could be in a zip as there's no need for the whole program. But you can do as you wish.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 0:42 

I was trying to use the nt performance settings but I don't understand the settings.I think that i need help with this..
Have you made a faq or doc for using this settings?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 1:44 

NT Performance Counter tutorial

First to add a counter press the Add Counter button.

That opens a new window

Lets say we wan't add processor usage for the counter. First we select the Processor performance object and then % processor time counter. Then we have two choices in the instances list. _Total is the combined processor time of all processors and 0 is the first processor.
When these are selected press OK button.

After that the counter is added to the list.
Here we give the counter name pdh_proctime
To chance the name click the name field of a counter and type name. For the variables to work in main program the must begin with pdh_.
To see the current value of the counter check Update every second

The multiplier and precision values are ment for customizing the output. To set these select a counter, enter values to Format value box and press Set button. The multiplier settings don't affect the value in config program but it is used in main program.

To add more counters press the Add button.

Counter settings are saved to LCDPERF.INI when the Save Counter Settings button is pressed. To load settings press Read Counter settings.

To use the above processor usage in screen config the variable would be $pdh_proctime$

Hope this helps. I can add more help if needed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 3:02 

nope..i tried this(even the processor time exactly ) and it did not worked.
also the nt performance counter in other settings are on :(
is there something else wrong or is this because of the 160X128 settings?
my system is a 900 celeron with windows XP..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 11:30 

Guess I was too tired to realize this last night. The test build you have is the win9x version. I think it would be a miracle if the counters worked. But the config program seems to be the NT version to increase confusion. I'll mail you the NT version soon.

Maybe I should add some info box to the program that would tell which version it is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 21:03 

Henri wrote:
Maybe I should add some info box to the program that would tell which version it is.

Weel that shoul be a good Idea , well i got my Counters to work , but now i have a problem , on the LCD info Window it apears for the case the number in an potency format like for example bytes received apears 56e+4 :roll: i programed the number os digits to 3 (and the multiplyer as we spoke to 0.125) and it still apears like this , seams sstrange .

Samtech

A7N8X Dlx
256 Mb DDR PC3200 OCZ
GF 4 Ti 4200 128 DDR
180 Gb
Studio PCTV Pro

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2002 1:12 

samtech wrote:
i got my Counters to work , but now i have a problem , on the LCD info Window it apears for the case the number in an potency format like for example bytes received apears 56e+4 :roll:

I have some ideas why this might be happening. I'll need to check the code and maybe do some experiments. When I have something ready I'll send it to you for testing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2002 3:05 

Hehe , i'll be waiting :D

But don't need to rush ,have your time ;-)

I don't know whi but i'm a Pokemon Bug magnet , i catch them all :lol: :lol:

SAmtech

A7N8X Dlx
256 Mb DDR PC3200 OCZ
GF 4 Ti 4200 128 DDR
180 Gb
Studio PCTV Pro

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2002 10:45 

samtech wrote:
But don't need to rush ,have your time ;-)

As you can see I'm taking my time. Will probably take couple more days until I have time to check this and other bugs found.
Quote:
I don't know whi but i'm a Pokemon Bug magnet , i catch them all :lol: :lol:

Someone's got to do that. :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 12:08 

Henri wrote:
Quote:

Custom settings for field size aren't possible yet but I'm planning it. Some radical changes in the code are needed to make this. I could set all of them to some predefined size but this would be waste of screen space for small partitions.

I've now done support for adding optional field size setting to a variable. The way it's now done didn't require that "radical" changes to the code but it's not exactly like I would have wanted to do it.

Examples:
$diskfree(c:\)[10L]$ - field width 10 chars, justification to left
$diskfree(c:\)[6R]$ - field width 6 chars, justification to right

The field size settings are optional and the idea is that they should work with all variables but there may still be some bugs to sort out.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]