LCDInfo.com

http://www.lcdinfo.com
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 17:34

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: VCL50.BPL
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2003 10:11 
I have a web cam and I was unable to install the software that came with it because my cd-rom doesn't work so I got someone to send me their program over the internet from their computer...but when I click on the file to open it it says .DLL files is missing.VCL50.BPL...I found tha download for that file on this site so I downloaded and used winzip to unzip the file but still when I click on tha program I want to run it still says the same thing...Can you help me??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2003 16:16 

We are getting little off-topic from LCDInfo here but no problem. :wink:

You should copy the VCL50.BPL file to your WINDOWS\SYSTEM32 directory. Another possibility is to put it to the same directory where your program's executable file is.

Hope this helps.

Post subject: VCL50.BPL
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2003 7:56 
How do I do that?

Post subject: Re: VCL50.BPL
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2003 14:40 

Lisa_Marie wrote:
How do I do that?

What operating system do you have ? Because in the newer windows versions these folders might be hidden by default.

I presume your windows folder is in C:\ drive of your computer. From the root of C:\ drive of your computer you should find a folder called Windows or something like that. Might be WinXP, Win2k, WinNT, Win98, etc. but Windows is the default. From that directory you can find the System32 directory.

Just go to that directory and copy the VCL50.BPL there like you would copy any other file.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2003 5:03 
I copied that file to my System32 directory and I tried to open the program again and it kept giving me all these other missing files so I went and downloaded them and copied them too and after I got all the files done it said "failed to open file: C:\PROGRAM FILES\MESSENGER/MESSENGER SERVICE RECEIVED FILES/HINT.INI"
What does that mean?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2003 5:08 
Oh yeah I almost forgot...my operating system is Windows 98....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2003 17:46 

Lisa_Marie wrote:
I copied that file to my System32 directory and I tried to open the program again and it kept giving me all these other missing files so I went and downloaded them and copied them too and after I got all the files done it said "failed to open file: C:\PROGRAM FILES\MESSENGER/MESSENGER SERVICE RECEIVED FILES/HINT.INI"
What does that mean?

My guess would be that that is the folder where files received from Messenger go. But why it wants to open that HINT.INI from there I've no idea.

Or do you have the program copied to that directory ? Then that HINT.INI might be a part of the program that you didn't receive while someone sent you the program. In that case you should ask the person for that file. There may be other files missing too. Can't you download the installation package of the program anywhere from net ?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]