LCDInfo.com

http://www.lcdinfo.com
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 13:06

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2002 20:12 

I have problems autostarting LCDinfo when xp start's. I believe it is because those LPT drivers hasn't yet loaded.
My friend had similar problem with other program. The program he uses has an delay adjustment. He had to use 10 second delay so that those drivers had enough time to start.
If I remember correctly there is a delay adjustment in windows. unfortunetly I don't remember where it is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2002 16:21 

Spark wrote:
I have problems autostarting LCDinfo when xp start's. I believe it is because those LPT drivers hasn't yet loaded.
My friend had similar problem with other program. The program he uses has an delay adjustment. He had to use 10 second delay so that those drivers had enough time to start.

I could try making some delay before it loads the driver. I'll have to see how it could be done.

If you are using account with administrator privileges you could try copying the dlportio.sys and dlportio.dll to the LCDInfo directory and then LCDInfo should be able to load the drivers even if DLPortIO drivers aren't installed in the system. If you try this I'd like to know what happens.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2002 18:05 

Henri wrote:
If you are using account with administrator privileges you could try copying the dlportio.sys and dlportio.dll to the LCDInfo directory and then LCDInfo should be able to load the drivers even if DLPortIO drivers aren't installed in the system. If you try this I'd like to know what happens.

i've just tried this, now i get this error (on WinXP SP1):

"Error reading TrayIcon1 -> Visible: Cannot Create System Shell Notification Icon"

Hase

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 12:24 

LCDInfo now has an optional start delay. It uses just a simple Sleep() call but I'd like to hear your results. I'm not sure if this yet fixes the trayicon problem Hase reported. Anyone wan't to test this just email me for the latest test version.

Last edited by Henri on Sat Jan 04, 2003 12:40, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 17:07 

I currently have dlportio.sys and dlportio.dll in LCDInfo directory and it doesn't help. :(
Byteway I just discovered a nother problem. If I shutdown my computer and don't shutdown LCDInfo before that, then my computer just stays on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 14:24 
did you solve this problem right now? i have the same problems when autostarting LCD Info and even the shutdown bug is the same.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 21:54 

I haven't solved this and I don't think it will ever be solved in the 0.3.2 based versions as I stopped working on that codebase in January.

I began working on completely new version that doesn't have this problem for example but unfortunately it isn't yet ready as I haven't had as much time to spend on this as I would have liked. But I'm working on it although it may not seem like that sometimes. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2003 11:02 

Hase wrote:
Henri wrote:

"Error reading TrayIcon1 -> Visible: Cannot Create System Shell Notification Icon"

Hase

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2003 11:03 

[quote="Hase"][quote="Henri"]
If you are using account with administrator privileges you could try copying the dlportio.sys and dlportio.dll to the LCDInfo directory and then LCDInfo should be able to load the drivers even if DLPortIO drivers aren't installed in the system. If you try this I'd like to know what happens.[/quote]

Hase[/quote]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]