LCDInfo.com

http://www.lcdinfo.com
It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2024 10:05

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: info on this LCD
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 8:55 

I picked up a gfx LCD that was labled as DG-12128 from a surpuls house,
but all the datasheets I have found do not match the pinout for this LCD. I say this because I have ohmed out the pins to the Controller (T6963C)
It is supposed to be a 128x128 display, Here is the pinout
1 GND
2 VCC
3 Contrast?, seems to increase the display contrast when voltage is varied
4 WR
5 RD
6 CE
7CD
8 Reset
9 D0
10 D1
11 D2
12 D3
13 D4
14 D5
15 D6
16 D7
17 FS1

I know the LCD is running since I get a bar on the screen when I assert reset, however that is all I am able to get, I have wired it up to the parallel port as shown in the forum schematics, but still I am unable to get anything on the screen.
Any advise on getting this running or if there are others out there that have a similar display and have had success getting it to display something please let me know.

The only other marking on the fab is Nan Ya Plastics Corp M026D Rev A

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 13:33 

If you have the contrast working and reset also working then sounds like the problem is somewhere in the connection between the T6963C controller and parallel port.

So is this pinout you posted the one you found out by measuring yourself ?

That seems to match a Nanya 128x128 pinout I found

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 23:38 

Awsome, thanks Henri. I tried every place I could think of to get the pinout for this LCD of mine, and finally resorted to the old ohm meter and datasheet. I don't have a negative supply but adjusting the VEE to 0 volts does show a line when the LCD is reset. I assume that even though I cannot put the LCD into "full" contrast mode it should still display something readable. This is my first LCD so that assumption may be wrong, and since it is my first I was not sure what to expect when running LCD info on it.

Thanks for the reply, I'll check my wiring and see where that leads me.

Post subject: Still nada
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 8:56 

I tripple checked the wiring, everything looks ok

Here is how I have it wired
DB25 LCD
Pin 1, Strobe --- CE, pin 6
Pin 14, Int --- WR, pin 4
Pin 16, Line --- RD, pin 5
Pin 17, Select --- C/D, pin 7

I scoped some of the lines and I do see them transitioning, so I know the data is getting to the LCD, and I have tried all the options I can for the parallel port modes, maybe the LCD is bad?. I have another one I can wire up, but was hoping that the dead LCD was due to something I was doing wrong.

I am running Lcdinfo with the time plugin, and I'm still very new at this, so if I download lcdinfo, select the 6963C driver and pins, add the time plugin and .bmp for the clock to the Lcdinfo directory, I should see this displayed when I start lcdinfo, correct? I have not played with any of the config files.
since I need to understand them a little better, is this required to get the LCD to display?

Thanks in advance

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 14:07 

Ok, sorry I mistakenly thought that your contrast voltage was working. If you don't have the correct contrast voltage you probably won't see anything. I remember that with T6963C there is that line during reset even without contrast voltage.

To get the timeinfo plugin info to your screen you need to edit the config files. First you need to either modify some screen file or make a new one to include the clock image. Then you need to add that file to the screens.xml file between the <screens> </screens> tags for it to be recognized by LCDInfo.

If you don't make any changes to the config files you should get a default 84x48 sized screen image on the lcd anyway as that is what the default screens.xml has.

I admit there should be more example screens available. There are some in the screens directory of LCDInfo but they are not very good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 1:10 

Henri, Just wanted to say thanks for the help, I wired up a negative voltage gen and bam! this worked!. What threw me was the line I was seeing during reset, Without a neg voltage, I could still change the intensity of this line, so I thought I was in good shape....not.

But things are working great now, Have started playing with adding sys info to the LCD.

Croc