LCDInfo.com

http://www.lcdinfo.com
It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 0:08

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 3:47 

Well I couldn't get to WackyWilly's Friday or Saturday, but I did go there today. Sadly, the Planar screens had been picked through. All that was left were a bunch of screens that had a bunch of bad pixels. :( I did however pick up some nice right-angle molex connectors that I will be vinyl dieing black and using in my new case mod along with some cheap 10 cent chrome motherboard stand-offs. I'm gonna go into overtime with my case mod cause I only have a month to complete it and get everything up and running. So my question now is, has Henri had any success with his SED controller? I'm getting a bit worried as I need it all up and running before PDXLAN 4.05 which is on March 18th.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:13 

And you are relying on someone else to do something essential? No offence intended to both you or Henri, but things in LCDinfo world sometimes take a while to do... True... sometimes they are done before anyone even knew they were sheduled to be... but more often than not, completion dates are left open.

You can't rush perfection. ;)

Well Henri... The challenge has been set... Are you up to the task? :)

Hmmm speaking of which... I guess I better get back to the manual... as I did say it would be released by sometime this week.... ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 11:44 

I haven't yet tested the display with S1D13305 controller because I have been planning to build a test controller with different IC that could be better. But with a month time limit I think we just need to take what S1D13305 based controller offers as it will still take a while to do initial testing with the other IC, then designing the pcb takes a while, then ordering and receiving the proto pcb's about two weeks, checking if the pcb's even work or was there some stupid design error, etc...

S1D13305 should still be enough to have a picture even if there is bad picture quality during screen updates. There could be ways to improve this also but with a one month time limit there isn't much time to test and build something new.

Do you have the 24 way 2mm pitch IDC connector and cable for your display ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 8:41 

Well, I guess the best things come to those who wait, but dangit I'm not much of a patient person anymore. Looks like I'll have to go with the other SED controller that coorz was talkin about. Sure it may not be the best, but at least I'll have a working display. Its not like I'm gonna be displaying any full motion graphics. Just static images and computer information. Oh, and to answer your question about the IDE cable......no. All I have is the screen and I have no clue where to get the cable. Do you have any idea where I can pick up a cable that I can use with the EL640.200-SK? Once again, any help/info would be greatly appreciated. THANKS!!! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:30 

When all else fails... Contact Farnell... They may be expensive, but if you are in a hurry, they are a sure thing.... usually. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 1:35 

I might be able to make you a controller board with S1D13305. Also a S1D13305 based board is possible now. This board might also be a better option than the MPI board as coorz said that the board I have made worked better than the MPI board and with less distortion. But I haven't ever tested the MPI board myself so I don't know.

The 2mm pitch IDC connectors seem to be problematic to get and I don't have those either.

3M1024-ND from Digi-Key should fit the connector but otherwise it's not very optimal for our purposes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 21:59 

Well I greatly appreciate all your hard effort Henri. Looking forward to seeing what progress you make withing controller. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 19:05 

There isn't anymore time to have anything more advanced than a S1D13305 controller before the time limit you have but you can email me about S1D13305 controller if interested.