LCDInfo.com

http://www.lcdinfo.com
It is currently Fri Sep 27, 2024 19:27

All times are UTC + 2 hours

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 20:47 

Hi guys !

I need the pinout of the TLX 1342-G3B or simillar LCD, it has 15 pins connector, 8x T7778A 3x T7900.

I'm entering the world of electronics right now.. so I don't know much about this. My project is to make this LCD the video-out of a linux machine instead of the normal display. I don't know if I can connect it to a standar VGA/VESA Graphic Card, I know I can do it by the printer port.. but I really need the pinout to start doing something.. I'm afraid to play with it because I can burn it.. :-(

Can somebody help ? Thanks in advance.

Sory for my lousy english. :-/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 5:04 

Btw, here are some pictures of it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 17:22 

Can't help with the pinout but I can try to give some more info.

Have you tried looking for any datasheets for the chips ?

I'm guessing they are the row and column drivers and besides them a controller card is required. Do you know what is the resolution of the display ? Maybe 640x256 ?
To connect it to parallel port some controller would be required. SED1335 supports 640x256 maximum and would be simple to connect to parallel port.
Connecting it to analog VGA connector requires more complicate controller and unless you can find one somewhere trying to build it is not something I recommend if you don't have much experience.

Google gave me this:
http://forum.electronicwerkstatt.de/php ... 11_28.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 18:26 

I've found this infosheet about T1200 I'll quote the LCD part:

Code:
TEXT MODES: 40 or 80 Columns x 25 Lines
GRAPHIC MODES: 640 or 320 x 200 dots
COLORS: Monochrome - 16 Grayscales (Blue and Green)

At the mainboard I've found one IC ref: SED9420Mac, is this the controller of this LCD ?

I've come across the same site that you did on google, but I don't know German and babelfish translation is not enough for me. :-/ Does that site say something usefull ?

While googling I've came across another site where they are dicussing how-to connect a Laptop "TFT" into a old VESA VGA Card, but this another step.. now I simply want to make this thing work by LPT port..

I'm very gratefull for your help, thanks for spending some of your time with me.

Btw, here is the mainboard exactly like mine.. took it from the site you pointed me, the same site I've took the pictures of the LCD I've posted in this thread.

Edit: I've been able to do the translation of that forum.. here it goes.

jmibk wrote:
Hello,
' laptop ' got an old T1200 given by Toshiba. Functioned still however it was missing that to floppy drive. Thus I the part apart-built and a rather good LC display discovered. It is a TOSHIBA TLX-1342-G3B HTTP:members.chello.RKmikejuen/TLX-1342-G3B/
The display has 15 Poligen a connection, whereby 4 PIN's GND are warscheinlich (have it already connected).

Benedikt wrote:
The control functions then surely similarly a character display. However the command table is the same (display initialization, Mode and so)?The rather good display is rather old and rather useless, at least without CONTROLLERS.
You can imagine the thing like a monitor, only only the pixels indicates which it continuously sent gets.
Schau times on the Main board after, which for a IC beside the connection sits, perhaps laest itself that use.

The display was SW, Gray tones, Colored?

jmibk wrote:
Thus, you think there belonged still another CONTROLLER in addition...
On the display plate are some larger IC's, but those can be also only to the LC control. Is 3x T7900 and 8x T7778A. Otherwise still smaller IC's is as for example a potential transformer
drauf.
In the diagram HTTP:members.chello.RKmikejuen/TLX-1342-G3B/mainboard_a.jpg one sees the Main board of the T1200. The plug to the display is marks it is also marked where this then
gehn. All 4 goes to 2 IC's (both are 40H008F).
Now still the signal data, on the display connections (seen from the display) on connection the 2
to 5 drauf is:
2: Clock rectangle with 500Hz and 5V 3: Clock Dirakimpulse with 50Hz 5V 4: undefined 50Hz clock 5: 2MHz sine of 1V to 4V (looks out like a Clock) can supply if
necessarily pictures of the Oszi.
To a few lines from the display go also to the processor, (that is where the OKI stands above) HTTP:www.okisemi.com/datadocs/doc narrowmsm80c86a_10rs.pdf.

Benedikt wrote:
The part is already really age-old. I do not have ever a 8086er laptop seen...
You should waive that better completely, the Dinger gives it realtiv rarely.
The 8086 is the CCU.
The TC8565 is the floppy disk drive CONTROLLER, the TC8570 of the RS232 CONTROLLERS. The SED9420 heads for the floppy disk drive.
The 50Hz clock is the beginning of a new picture.
The 500Hz clock could be the beginning of a new line, thus 100Zeilen are transferred.
With 2MHz the graphic data are transmitted (1-4bit at the same time). Warscheinlich is divided the display into two halves, the simultaneous to be headed for.
The dissolution will be with for instance 400x200.

From where do the whole lines come by the 40H008 run? The two pins in diem picture below red in each case the marked, are the entrances. These would have to go to the LCD CONTROLLER.

jmibk wrote:
Thus completely to waive goes no longer completely. 1. always that was missing to floppy ones and 2. the housing straight lies in the garbage. But now, where I with the clock point, I can head for the thing in the best way with a processor. I porbiers in the next days times... Thanks for the reference! The 2MHz clock will be then surely the clock for the drivers or sowas.

Who still different one refers to has, gladly!

Benedikt wrote:
I believe you understand the control not completely!
With the 2MHz clock the diagram data were pushed in serially pushed in
(1Pixel per clock) if a whole line, then a Latch of impulses (500Hz clock) with that comes the whole
diagram data for a line to be taken over and stored.
If you again at the 1. Line arrived, then the 50Hz impulse comes, so that the display point, where pixel is 1.

Schau times up HTTP:wwwbode.cs.tum.edu/~acher/projects.HTML

The timing is better there avowed.
But procure to you times better a data sheet to the display. The -17V only puts on, if the clock runs, otherwise the display gets broken!

jmibk wrote:
Thanks, jetz isses already more clearly. Then become I times schaun, as the whole run.
Thus in the 2MHz clock I must a pixel clean-push (5V = black, 0V knows oer in such a way).
Data sheet gibts there unfortunately keins in the net

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 3:55 

Ok, I've done some more googling and I've found this possible pinout for my LCD:
Code:
Pin no Function
------ --------
1 Ground
2 ?
3 Frame marker signal: indicates the start of a new display frame
4 Line pulse: is used to latch a line of shifted data onto a LCD
5 Clock: is the clock output to which the output data to the LCD panel is synchronized
6 Ground
7 Data line 3
8 Data line 2
9 Data line 1
10 Data line 0
11 Ground
12 +5V
13 Contrast: about -17 to -21V variable
14 -21V (reference for contrast?)
15 Ground

My question can be kinda dumb.. This LCD have four data lines, does it have the controler already inside or not ?

Eight data lines are needed to draw a character ? (eight bits) Nokia Cell Phones have one data line, this has four.. how does it works ?

As I've said before.. I'm a total newbie on this matter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 8:50 

you need an controller like henri mentioned.... i prefer sed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 22:53 

Yes. Either you would need to find a controller board somewhere or build one yourself. If it's 640x200 then SED1335 should work with it I believe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 0:52 

That's right! I used it with S1D13305 (Replacement for SED1335) with success and i found out by myself this wiring:

1 Ground
2 50 Hz (OUTPUT FROM LCD -????) (NOT CONNECTED IN MY SCH)
3 FRAME
4 Line
5 Data Shift (Pixel Strobe)
6 Logical Ground
7 Data 3
8 Data 2
9 Data 1
10 Data 0
11 Logical Ground
12 +5V
13 -17 - 19V
14 -21V (reference for contrast?)
15 Ground

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 1:48 

i have this laptop still working and playing games with allsorts of old stuff... its VERY rare and i plan on keeping i spose but its got a nice LCD :twisted: ill get some pics of it running to show you guy 80086 power 8)