LCDInfo.com

http://www.lcdinfo.com
It is currently Sun Jun 23, 2024 21:24

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 17:21 

teclis22 wrote:
Hiho !

Ask these guys here in a mail. I have a sed controlelr from them with is working just fine

http://www.angelfire.com/electronic/mic ... page4.html

you have to ask though wich one it is, the A or the F. i dont remember.

The only difference between the A version and F is that the F version already has the header pins installed, the A does not. Also, their SED board does NOT include a negative dc-dc converter. They sell that board seperately for an additional $26 for the basic model. :?
Henri's SED board has the dc-dc converter built on to the board :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 18:30 

I also have that MPI SED board, works a treat. But Henri's board is much better.
I assume it's because Henri's built his on SMD components totally and PCB size is half of that of MPI.
On the other hand MPI's board can be connected to various LCD's much easier because of the 2.54mm header rows/pins.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 19:31 

teclis22 wrote:
Hiho !

Ask these guys here in a mail. I have a sed controlelr from them with is working just fine

http://www.angelfire.com/electronic/mic ... page4.html

you have to ask though wich one it is, the A or the F. i dont remember. i think its the A version but if you tell them what you want with it in an email i am sure they can tell you.

Seemed like nice guys to me.

regards

Klaus

Hi, thx for the link, i suppose that MPISED1335A-32K - PRICE: $42.00 is the right solution...
i need the MPIS133X CPU only if i want to use the LCD without any other "source" of data (like pc) ?

thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 20:48 

iksiksiks wrote:
Hi, thx for the link, i suppose that MPISED1335A-32K - PRICE: $42.00 is the right solution...

Just keep in mind that if you decide to get that board, you would still either need to make a dc-dc converter board or buy one.

iksiksiks wrote:
i need the MPIS133X CPU only if i want to use the LCD without any other "source" of data (like pc) ?

You would still need a PC with the MPIS133X board. It allows you to do a "command-line" interface through your serial port to the LCD. Not nearly as easy as hooking up directly to SED board and parallel port and using LCDinfo :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 22:00 

One~Zero wrote:
Just keep in mind that if you decide to get that board, you would still either need to make a dc-dc converter board or buy one.

I have received mail from Henri, and maybe buy controller with dc/dc converter onboard :)
One~Zero wrote:
You would still need a PC with the MPIS133X board. It allows you to do a "command-line" interface through your serial port to the LCD. Not nearly as easy as hooking up directly to SED board and parallel port and using LCDinfo :D

ah ok :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 0:52 

I have checked the different pinouts of my DMF682 and the original board made for DMF5084. There are few differences between the interface of mine and that of the controller: :D
In the third column have I put the adaptations, then it should go for you?
the M signal (alternate signal for LCD drive) i supposte to connect to the pin WF (in the middle-low-side - #15) of IC...
Image Image
I have searched for the datasheet wich report te exact type of backlight i have, but i can't find them...the optrex company can't have any information in their site...i think because this display is discontinued from production many time............. :idea: ....
At this moment I have sent the Optrex a request for having the datasheet of this model, we hope I he send :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 1:27 

iksiksiks wrote:
I have searched for the datasheet wich report te exact type of backlight i have, but i can't find them...the optrex company can't have any information in their site...i think because this display is discontinued from production many time............. :idea: ....
At this moment I have sent the Optrex a request for having the datasheet of this model, we hope I he send :wink:

The data sheet I linked to earlier should be the one for your model:
http://www.optrex.com/SiteImages/PartLi ... 682ade.pdf
The only difference should be the backlight connection, as the one they show is for the EL. If you can see a small tube for your backlight, then you have the CCFL.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 1:47 

One~Zero wrote:
The data sheet I linked to earlier should be the one for your model:
http://www.optrex.com/SiteImages/PartLi ... 682ade.pdf
The only difference should be the backlight connection, as the one they show is for the EL. If you can see a small tube for your backlight, then you have the CCFL.

i suppose that, i can't see on my display any tube, and the wiring from the backlight to the board (lightly big) like other models equpped with KS0108 and EL backlight. CCFL have any other clear sign to identify them ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 2:28 

From looking at your pictures you posted earlier, it doesn't seem like a CCFL. It it were, you would more than likely have another cable with a 2-wire connector on it. Of course, there is always the possibility that yours could be a LED backlight as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:14 

Beware; most displays have the solder pads for the backlight but that doesn't automatically mean it's present. Only way to be sure is to have the exact datasheet or, at own risk, carefully remove the metal frame and see for yourself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:48 

One~Zero wrote:
From looking at your pictures you posted earlier, it doesn't seem like a CCFL. It it were, you would more than likely have another cable with a 2-wire connector on it. Of course, there is always the possibility that yours could be a LED backlight as well.

i think i have LED background illumination, the display is green, and the LED backlight it's best solution with this screen, or not?

coorz wrote:
Beware; most displays have the solder pads for the backlight but that doesn't automatically mean it's present. Only way to be sure is to have the exact datasheet or, at own risk, carefully remove the metal frame and see for yourself.

i see two wires that start soldered from the two soldering pads for A-K and goes under the screen, you think this mean that the backlight is present?
i don't disassembly the display in every circumstance, i don't want to kill them or to damage internal component like rubber contacts and other.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:15 

Well you say the pads are marked A/K that means it's LED backlighted or at least prepared for LED. Just hook it up to 5volts with a resistor/potmeter and see if it works.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 12:25 

coorz wrote:
Well you say the pads are marked A/K that means it's LED backlighted or at least prepared for LED. Just hook it up to 5volts with a resistor/potmeter and see if it works.

no no,sorry, i say this is marked A/K but this is not marked, i hope this is A/K.....i don't have the 100% guarantee,unfortunly...in the neighborhood of the soldering pads i can't see any text information or pin description....
can i test with your metod (5V+resistor) the backlight without risk to damage to the EL if this don't work becouse work on negative voltage?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 12:41 

That was going to be my suggestion...apply 5vdc to the pads through a resistor (make sure you know which one is ground) and see if it lights. The 5vdc shouldn't hurt the EL (if it's even there) because it runs off of a much higher voltage. EL actually runs off of AC, not a negative DC.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:53 

One~Zero wrote:
That was going to be my suggestion...apply 5vdc to the pads through a resistor (make sure you know which one is ground) and see if it lights. The 5vdc shouldn't hurt the EL (if it's even there) because it runs off of a much higher voltage. EL actually runs off of AC, not a negative DC.

i don't have try this solution, Henri shipped my controller yesterday, and i may wait next week to completely wire the controller to lcd...
in this time i need to be 100% sure of wiring between pc , ctrl and disp.
i have started thinking how to connect controller to the parrallel port;
the controller have 14-pin connector (made of pin stripes) which connect's to lpt port, from the layout sended by Henri i can supposte that this pin's are non necessary to drive my disp:

1-/RW
2-/RD
3-/CS
4-A0

and this is the pin's who are connected to LPT to drive display:

5-D0
6-D1
7-D2
8-D3
9-D4
10-D5
11-D6
12-D7
13-GND
14-RESET

it's my fault, or the first 4 pin's it's not connected ?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next