LCDInfo.com

http://www.lcdinfo.com
It is currently Sun Jun 23, 2024 20:42

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 12:32 

The first 4 pins are connected. You would connect those to the LPT ports pins 1, 14, 16 and 17. It does not matter which goes where because you can set that up in LCDinfo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 12:59 

One~Zero wrote:
The first 4 pins are connected. You would connect those to the LPT ports pins 1, 14, 16 and 17. It does not matter which goes where because you can set that up in LCDinfo.

Ah ok! then is the pin's can i set in lcdinfo setup....thank you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 1:10 

This night Henri have solved one my big misunderstanding (negative voltage,backlight...) and therefore i have rechecked all...
Finally have founded at this address http://www.alldatasheet.com/datasheet-p ... NY-EB.html the datasheet of my lcd...nice to view that this have blue/green colors, and EL backlight! Optrex recommend NEC NS-106 inverter to supply this (LCD EL Input VoltageMax: 150Vrms@450Hz[max800Hz] & Inverter Output Voltage: 80->120V@500->600Hz), i have found this datasheet http://www.apollodisplays.com/pdf_e/inv ... ns-inv.pdf ,but i don't understand if this inverter is enough or need the circuit for transformer (see figure B in datasheet)...on the inverter i view that have only 3 pin's ready, IN, OUT and GND...i think this is enough,perhaps but I could be mistaken.but for you enough?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 0:46 

Now the controller are wired to lcd and lpt port, lcdinfo are running and i have first tested the original scrrens.xml file...the result is this: Image
...few moment's later have modified the original background files from 128x64 version to 256x128 and then modified xml files, copied all in new folder called 256x128 in screens directory...
now i run lcdinfo and the screed is divided in upper-half and lower-half, but some pixel's are redrawed from the upper section to lower, from upper right corner to lower left...is the possibilty that i have failed one wiring or may be the lcd faulty? (i have buyed this as-is, without warranty...)
the driver provided with lcdinfo (0.2alpha) in other case show correctly information on this resolution?
you can see photos maded to 256x128 screens above (first MBM screen, then one maded himself):
ImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 0:58 

Try a full 256x128 background image without any plugin info on it, see if that is alright. Also remember that every screen (.xml) needs it's own background, otherwise the previous backgroung will remain and mix with the new screen.

Oh BTW you did set the custom resolution to 256x128 in the SED133x's driver config-dialogue?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:07 

coorz wrote:
Try a full 256x128 background image without any plugin info on it, see if that is alright. Also remember that every screen (.xml) needs it's own background, otherwise the previous backgroung will remain and mix with the new screen.

Oh BTW you did set the custom resolution to 256x128 in the SED133x's driver config-dialogue?

in this moment have made with pain one 256x128 image to fit all screen, then make one xml with only image show parameters, the code is this:

<screen>
<name>MBM</name>
<action><id>Core.NextScreen</id>
<delay>2000</delay></action>
<item type="image" x="0" y="0">
<imagebitmap>C:\Programmi\LcdINFO\screens\256x128\images\kilu.bmp</imagebitmap><refresh>1000</refresh></item>
</screen>

is this correct?
the image seems to fit only the upper part of screen, like 256x64 displays....8O

i have switched to "custom resoultion" but don't help... :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:15 

I'd remove the absolute path:
Code:
<screen>
<name>MBM</name>
<imagebitmap>screens\256x128\images\kilu.bmp</imagebitmap>
<refresh>1000</refresh>
</item>
</screen>

But otherwise it looks good, could also be something wrong with the background image itself, try making a new one; 1-bit black/white BMP file.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:33 

coorz wrote:
I'd remove the absolute path:
Code:
<screen>
<name>MBM</name>
<imagebitmap>screens\256x128\images\kilu.bmp</imagebitmap>
<refresh>1000</refresh>
</item>
</screen>

But otherwise it looks good, could also be something wrong with the background image itself, try making a new one; 1-bit black/white BMP file.

strange: with extended path this works fine (ehm....it works on half screen), with absolute path don't work....the image can't be visualized...the screen is blank...
i ever use paint and b/w image.
the screens.xml file i use:
Code:
<screens>
   <screenfile>screens\256x128\kilu.xml</screenfile>
</screens>

and the xml screen
Code:
<screen>
<name>Kilu</name>
<imagebitmap>screens\256x128\images\immagine.bmp</imagebitmap><refresh>1000</refresh></item>
</screen>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:35 

Is the possibility that one of IC's on the back of the screen are faulty?
i think that is too strange that show only 1/2 screen correctly, and other 1/2 screen is blank or with pixels copyed from the up-right corner to low-left corner...it seems like if it were one 256x64 screen...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:56 

I see there are many posts in the forum that I should look at and also looks like big pile of lcd related mails (and some quite technical so if I wanted to give proper answer I should reserve few hours for each to acquire datasheets and then study them and then also try to answer the question ;) ) in my inbox. But let's start from here :)

What happens if you configure the driver for 256x64 size and put 256x64 background bitmap to the screen file ?
You might be experiencing something similar as here: http://forum.lcdinfo.com/viewtopic.php?t=901

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 14:49 

Henri wrote:
I see there are many posts in the forum that I should look at and also looks like big pile of lcd related mails (and some quite technical so if I wanted to give proper answer I should reserve few hours for each to acquire datasheets and then study them and then also try to answer the question ;) ) in my inbox. But let's start from here :)

What happens if you configure the driver for 256x64 size and put 256x64 background bitmap to the screen file ?
You might be experiencing something similar as here: http://forum.lcdinfo.com/viewtopic.php?t=901

Hi Henri! :D
In this moment i have modified screens.xml file like this one:
Code:
<screens>
   <screenfile>256x64\test.xml</screenfile>
</screens>

and test.xml like this
Code:
<screen>

<name>test</name>

<action>
      <id>Core.NextScreen</id>
      <delay>25000</delay>
   </action>

<imagebitmap>screens\240x64\images\bg_nfo_240x64.bmp</imagebitmap>
      <refresh>1000</refresh>
   </item>

</screen>

simply modified winamp.xml to use his background...
then i have reconfigured driver to 256x64 and after restarting lcdinfo, the screen goes all black from the first to the last pixel.
When i change the drv. res. to 256x128 and try again, the screen don't show anything, only on exit show "good bye" correctly in top-left corner...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 17:56 

Henri wrote:

hmmm...before i don't have read the topic of the link, because are in delay to go work.
As soon as they are to house I try with test driver you provide here http://www.skippari.net/lcd/alpha/plugins/sed133x_test_driver.dll , and wish is the right way to make display work with his own resolution :wink:

is the possibility that damaged LCD show correctly 128x64 images but "spawn" pixels around if the image "touch" the right side of the screen (but the start image from x=0 and y=0 is perfect!) ? it's strange, with other damaged LCD's i have only one absolutly "abstract" pixel drawing when i drive correctly...not one pixel in the correct place, in this case 1/4 (approximately) of the driving-area are correctly drawed all the rest are random or totally-illogical.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:05 

Hi, i have try your sed133x_test version driver but unfortunally don't work...i check all possible combination of resolution but not...the screen have the same problem...
then have installed lcdstudio 2.0 for test it, and after all tests with various resolution i see that this screed at 640x64 can show all the images :D , but with the same problem of the user of topic linked few posts ago..then have thinked and maked a frame with bars from toolbox menu that show me the real bounds of display, and not the preview screen that is bigger, and the result be that the screen is used like a 128x256 (reversel res.) because under the original resolution the low half-screen is out of control..8O
if i want an analog clock all screen, i have maked 2 different clock, one for the top panel (top half-screen), and one (inverted) for the low panel (low half-screen), you can see more pics under:

Image Image Image

It's possible that for LCDinfo is only a driver problem ? :?:

[sorry for the quality of photos, i can make other today when I return from the job]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:16 

This night i have find a "temporary backlight" for my lcd, stolen to an faulty Crystalfontz 128x64...he have white led illumination, in the photo are visible
ImageImage

then have placed behind the right side of display, under the black metal frame..for hour it can be enough therefore, until that I do not find the inverter necessary to drive the original el behind the screen.
Now the lcd is behind a plexyglass piece adapted to cover them the time necessary to find the inverter and to find a lodging for the controller+lcd.

Few shots of screen:
ImageImageImageImage
..in the darkness..

Post subject: INFO
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:26 

WHERE CAN I BUY THE SED1330 CONTROLLER BOARD ASSEMBLED ? I HAVE THIS DISPLAY BUT IT WORK ONLY INTERFACING WITH SED1330. THANKS FOR REPLY.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next