LCDInfo.com

http://www.lcdinfo.com
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 22:26

All times are UTC + 2 hours

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2002 0:06 

Hi , i have recently found an 240 x 64 LCD from Solomon , the LCD has two problems , first is that i have no datasheet for it (asked Solomon to send it but till now i have no answer , as they don't have it directly on their site) , the model is LM7680SGR , also tried to get some more info on the net , but without luck maybe the pin outs are not as dificult to find without the datasheet (by folowing the processe in one off the forum links to get the pin Outs) , the bigger problem is this chip controler , it's an HD61830A00 , i've heard that this is some like compatible with the T6963c , so can this work with LCD info or is totaly incompatible.

If someone knows anything about this display please send me a private message.

SAmtech

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2002 11:15 

I don't think HD61830 is compatible with T6963C - I believe it's more like the controller in the 240x128 display Crystalfontz is selling (LC79..).

I've been in contact with someone who has been working on code for HD61830 and I'm going to try adding HD61830 support to LCDInfo when he get's the code working. But I can't promise anything yet.

One thing with the HD61830 is that while it has both text and graphics modes, only one of them can be used at a time. So if graphics is wanted it has to be used more like a KS0108 than T6963C.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2002 18:40 

Thanks for saying me that :wink:
So my option is to wait for it to be suported , if those guys from solomon send me the data sheet , it's almost passed a week and still nothing :cry:
On it's back the LCD has 6 chips , 5 are LC7941 and the ohter is the hd61830 , the LCD hasn't got backlight , and for the rest of the circuit it seem to have the negative voltage generator built in, here are some pic of it.
I think it is a 240 x 64 by it's size

SAmtech

ADMIN EDIT: pictures up again

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 10:14 

Have you heard anything from Solomon ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 20:34 

Nope anything yet :cry:

I tried with the email form in their site but it always gives an error , so i tried to contact the web master but no response till now , so basicaly i don't make a clue how to wire that lcd up (maibe when i have some time i'll folow teh Liquid MP3 guide to do it)

Samtech

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2002 5:40 

I've just made a little test program for HD61830 controller. I don't have a display with this controller so I can't say anything if it works but if anyone with a display is interested please contact me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2003 20:34 

i would realy be interested , but since those guys from Solomon don't give me the datasheet and i don't have much time to try to figure out the pin outs for it , seam ll have to try to wait a some more ou try to get a newer model with this controler from another brand :(

SAmtech

PS: Happy new Year to ALL !!!!

A7N8X Dlx
256 Mb DDR PC3200 OCZ
GF 4 Ti 4200 128 DDR
180 Gb
Studio PCTV Pro

Post subject: HD61830A
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2003 21:51 
I have the datasheet for this lcd controller and I have a program that write to it. I did not got it function in graphics mode.
I any one wants this datasheet, please email-me
psilva@opensoftware-br.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 0:09 

Well after some time i had the oportunity to try to figure out the pinouts for this LCD.

It has 20 pins
This was what i got:

1 – GND
2 – power +5V
3 – V contrast ?? doubt
4 – RS
5 – R/W
6 – E
7 – DB0
8 – DB1
9 – DB2
10 – DB3
11 – DB4
12 – DB5
13 – DB6
14 – DB7
15 – CS
16 – Reset
17 – VLCD ??? Doubt
18 – N/C
19 – N/C
20 – N/C

Now my problem is with the contrast voltages those two pins i don't realy know what they are , but they have to do with the contrast and negative voltage input's , the pin 3 conect to a transistor (the only one in the picture) it conect's to the base of it , so probably this is an input for the tension for the contrast that will drive the transistor , the other pin 17 also conects to the same transistor , to it's colector pin , there is also an alectrolitic capacitor that conect's it's positive pole to the ground and the negative pole to the same pin 17 , tha indicates tha this is a negative tension that passes here , the only boubt is if it is an input ou an output , has the LCD has two more chips near the main controler , it has an 74hc390 (Two BCD decade or bi-quinary counters) and an LA6324N operational amp the seams to be relatied to the transistor , so i don't realy know if this is an DC-DC inverter on an simple input (gessing if this is an output is easy , but if ir is an input wha is the tension for this pin and for the other ??

Samtech

PS :If anyone has any software for this controler please send it to me for my email samtech@netcabo.pt
So if anyone

A7N8X Dlx
256 Mb DDR PC3200 OCZ
GF 4 Ti 4200 128 DDR
180 Gb
Studio PCTV Pro

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 20:36 
Henri wrote:
I've just made a little test program for HD61830 controller. I don't have a display with this controller so I can't say anything if it works but if anyone with a display is interested please contact me.

Hi, Henri
I´d like you to send me the softwares you have (ready or not) for HD61830... ´cause I have a LCD with this controler... and I don´t even know if it´s working well
And I´d like to know if the "17" is for entrance or exit of negative tension

ghostkrazy@yahoo.com.br

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 20:37 
Henri wrote:

Hi, Henri
I´d like you to send me the softwares you have (ready or not) for HD61830... ´cause I have a LCD with this controler... and I don´t even know if it´s working well

ghostkrazy@yahoo.com.br

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 17:28 
krazy wrote:
Henri wrote:

Hi, Henri

ghostkrazy@yahoo.com.br

HENRI??
help-me!!!!

:)

i´am brasilian... bad english!!! hehehe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 17:41 

Anonymous wrote:
krazy wrote:
Hi, Henri

ghostkrazy@yahoo.com.br

HENRI??
help-me!!!!

:)

i´am brasilian... bad english!!! hehehe

Just a reminder for myself that I've replied by email and sent the test software.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 21:51 
Any of you know how to build a simple interface for the flat ribbon cable in the pictuer above????

It is next to impossible to buy anything where I am and I think I am going to have to build something.

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 10:44 

Anonymous wrote:
Any of you know how to build a simple interface for the flat ribbon cable in the pictuer above????

It is next to impossible to buy anything where I am and I think I am going to have to build something.

Thanks

Maybe you could try soldering straight to the PCB if that's possible.