LCDInfo.com

http://www.lcdinfo.com
It is currently Mon Jul 01, 2024 8:20

All times are UTC + 2 hours

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 2:57 

Hello folks, i'm lost here !

I have got a bunch of lcd's from a friend. they're originally meant to sit in an GPS-unit. these are replacements-screens, and were sorted off as scrap. some has deep scratches, others defect CCFL and so on. now i have built an working LCD with the parts. the LCD has no controller, but has pads for an T9363C, so i mounted an controller with ram, oscillator and caps (removed from mechanically defect DMS5003) all is good, i can get the whole display white/black by varying the negative contrast voltage. the lcd was DEAD before i mounted the controller (e.g. no pixel response when applying power)
So SOMETHING is going on between the controller and the driver LSI's.

What have i overlooked ? i have traced the traces with an DVM from the pads to the 20-pin connector, and it's connected the right way. i have triple-triple checked it !!!

The LCD is an 240x128-type. i have tried all settings in LCDinfo - no joy. my artillery of different LCD's and VFD's work just fine.... i am using LCDinfo V. 0.6 (Build 18)
Advice anyone ???

I have shot some images of the LCD with / without the controller mounted. there is an video too, that shows what's happening when i start/stop LCDinfo....

www.zapro.dk/lcd/

Regards, Per.
Denmark.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 21:58 

You have checked that all connections / solder joints between the T6963C and drivers are ok ? I guess so but that was the first thing I thought of.

I haven't played with separate T6963C controllers, only with T6963C controllers already on board so I don't have that much experience. But looks to me like you should have the needed things there.

I suppose the lcd was originally driven with external controller ? Maybe there is some change / jumper / something that has to be changed to use the on board controller.

I can see that empty R12 place but it seems to only be in the memory address line.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 2:39 

hi zapro,

I am having the same problem with DMF5001 optrex LCD display. I susptect that the problem is because T6963C chip had been damaged. In your case, you have already replaced the chip. I would suggest that you check that you have Halt and reset line set up properly. I dont know how you control your reset line. To get the T69663c LCD display to work you have to have some delays in the RESET(if you do it by software) at the start. Please see T6963C datasheet for more information.
It would be appreciated if you could update me on the matter. Because, i would like to know what went wrong with our display as well.

Cheers,
Wanna