LCDInfo.com

http://www.lcdinfo.com
It is currently Sat Jun 29, 2024 4:29

All times are UTC + 2 hours

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:01 

I'm having a board made to drive this LCD for a product we're developing. The board designer said it would cost a lot less if we could provide a schematic of an existing board that drives this LCD. Our board is based on a PIC microcontroller but it should be pretty much the same for any microcontroller.

The full part number is: F-51854GNFJ-SLW-ABN.
http://www.optrex.com/Products/PartDeta ... FJ-SLW-ABN

The LCD uses a Seiko Epson S1D15714 controller.

Thanks,
Craig

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 9:56 

What 'schematic' do you mean? The datasheet is right there on the website. 8-bit or serial interface can be used.
But that SED is not supported by LCDinfo, if that's what you mean.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 20:47 

I was looking for a schematic of a board based on a microcontroller (PIC preferred) that had a connection for this LCD. I didn't realize this site was for discussing the LCDInfo software, I though it was a generic LCD info site.

I'm hoping you can still help me though. I know very little about electronics, though I've been programming for years. This particular LCD has a 20 pin connector (page 13 of the specifications). Most of the pins connect directly to the microcontroller. What I'm unsure about are the power pins. There are four, Vss (ground), Vdd (+5V for Logic), Vout (DC/DC voltage converter output), and V3 (power supply for LCD Drive). I'm ok with Vss and Vdd, but I know these LCD's require a boosted negative voltage for the LCD Drive. Do I just have to connect a variable resister between Vout, V3 and ground? Or do I need to do something to invert and boost the voltage?

Thanks for any help you can provide.
Craig

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 19:01 

cboucher wrote:
I was looking for a schematic of a board based on a microcontroller (PIC preferred) that had a connection for this LCD. I didn't realize this site was for discussing the LCDInfo software, I though it was a generic LCD info site.

No problem for discussing generic LCD topics too. There are separate areas for LCDInfo discussion and then also generic hardware and development areas.

Quote:
Do I just have to connect a variable resister between Vout, V3 and ground? Or do I need to do something to invert and boost the voltage?

I checked the datasheet and looks like the display uses positive lcd drive voltage. So no need for inverting or anything like that.

Just connect a variable resistor to Vout, V3 and GND like you said.