LCDInfo.com

http://www.lcdinfo.com
It is currently Mon Jul 01, 2024 8:01

All times are UTC + 2 hours

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:05 

Hi everybody, I'm new to these forums!

As my topic says, I'm building an MP3 player for my car called Jubul (Man that created the first musical instrument in the Bible)

Anyhow, I ordered this LCD monitor, not knowing if it had a driver board or inverter or anything. Well, when I got it it didn't...

The make of the LCD panel is a WinTek WM-G3224Y-1NFWd (Mono, Touchscreen, 320x240, 1 CCFL). After searching around the internet (these forums included) I got more confused as to what I need. All I know is that I need a inverter for the LCD CCFL and the board to drive it. My seller led me to this link here
http://www.apollodisplays.com/cds1375_wn.htm

Apparently, this board goes perfect with the panel, but I don't need the board to have all that programming stuff and I don't think a serial connection would be able to output 16-32bit color video...I merely want it to display the windows desktop that Jubul will be running with winamp on it...and maybe some video. The other display drivers here seem to be incompatable and I'm not sure what I'm looking for. On this and another LCD forum I read that I might need a SED133x or a board with a NT7661 something or other chipset to drive the panel. Maybe you guys can help me out with this.
I only need the panel to do/have the following
-Have input for NTSC (composite or S-Video) or VGA
-Use of the touchscreen capability, via a serial or USB connection.
-Run off a generic ATX power supply (120watt to be exact)
-Be under $100 US

I have a feeling that you guys might be able to guide me in this issue and tell me what I need. I need to get this thing up and running soon and if I can get this small technical issue resolved I'd be able to post a descriptive how-to on how I set up Jubul and what I used etc. for anyone who wants info on it.

Please help! :P