LCDInfo.com

http://www.lcdinfo.com
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 6:22

All times are UTC + 2 hours

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 14:21 

Hi all, i need help to wire one Optrex DMF682A [NY-EB] 256x128 with onboard 7 Oki M5299C and 1 Oki M5298A..i supposte that lcd needs a controller to work properly with my LPT port... SED1335 work connected to 14-pin on the board?

u can help me? if work whit this controller, i need to buy one...and a negative voltage generator,absolutly! :wink:

best regards and sorry for my english

-iks-

ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 18:50 

It looks like the SED1335 would be the way to go with this LCD, but you would also need the datasheet to find out what your negative voltage needs to be.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 19:33 

One~Zero wrote:
It looks like the SED1335 would be the way to go with this LCD, but you would also need the datasheet to find out what your negative voltage needs to be.

Yeah,very well! Thanks a lot :D i have the datasheet of similar display (only colors change between versions) but is the same model from Optrex...
can i supply negative voltage from this dc-dc converterhttp://forum.lcdinfo.com/viewtopic.php?t=1206 ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 22:31 

I know some people have used these with pretty good results. But, you have to follow the components exactly. Don't leave any of them out!! Depending on what your negative voltage is supposed to be, it should work out o.k.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 0:04 

If i want supply the negative voltage from an inverter used to glow neon lights, it works ?
I have searched around and can't find a place to buy SED1335 controller...
can't anyone remember a web-shop or other can sell me just one piece ? :?:
thx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 0:33 

iksiksiks wrote:
If i want supply the negative voltage from an inverter used to glow neon lights, it works ?

No, the negative voltage from the previous post is for your LCD driving voltage and contrast adjust (if it has a contrast adjust). An inverter for a CCFL/EL light is something totally different. Complete datasheet for your LCD (if you don't already have it):
http://www.optrex.com/SiteImages/PartLi ... 682ade.pdf

iksiksiks wrote:
I have searched around and can't find a place to buy SED1335 controller...
can't anyone remember a web-shop or other can sell me just one piece ? :?: thx

I don't know of any places over there that sell the SED1335. The only person I know that sells them, if he has them, is Henri. You might ask if he has any.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 0:47 

One~Zero wrote:
No, the negative voltage from the previous post is for your LCD driving voltage and contrast adjust (if it has a contrast adjust). An inverter for a CCFL light is something totally different.

I don't know of any places over there that sell the SED1335. The only person I know that sells them, if he has them, is Henri. You might ask if he has any.

Thanks for the info,i make a hand-made dc-dc converter soon...
Now i'm send a pm to Henri, i hope he will answer me...
thanks so much :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 1:02 

You will still need another inverter (either CCFL or EL) for your backlight. That won't be something you would be able to build (easily or cheaply anyway). You can probably get one of those at the same place as the dc-dc converter you mentioned earlier. Also, according to your datasheet, you would need about -13.5vdc for your LCD negative voltage, which that link you had ealier should be able to handle with no problem.

On a side note, if you do decide to build the dc-dc converter yourself, maxim ic makes one (MAX637) which is pretty simple and small to build. Just follow the example they have on the first page of the data sheet for the -15v supply ( http://pdfserv.maxim-ic.com/en/ds/MAX635-MAX637.pdf ) You may be able to get free samples from them as well, just make sure you get the 637 model.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 1:13 

One~Zero wrote:
You will still need another inverter (either CCFL or EL) for your backlight. That won't be something you would be able to build (easily or cheaply anyway). You can probably get one of those at the same place as the dc-dc converter you mentioned earlier. Also, according to your datasheet, you would need about -13.5vdc for your LCD negative voltage, which that link you had ealier should be able to handle with no problem.

I have seen one controller branded Arrow equipped with SED 1335 and integrated negative voltage generator, you can think that is frequently to find similar solution? (integrated inverter with controller,i think)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 1:53 

I have seen an older article with that same Arrow board, but was unable to find them anywhere. I contacted Arrow directly, and they couldn't find any information on them either. As far as I know, I have never seen any boards (except Henri's) that have the SED1335 and the dc-dc converter (not inverter...2 different things, remember? :D ) on the same board.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 1:58 

One~Zero wrote:
I have seen an older article with that same Arrow board, but was unable to find them anywhere. I contacted Arrow directly, and they couldn't find any information on them either. As far as I know, I have never seen any boards (except Henri's) that have the SED1335 and the dc-dc converter on the same board.

But how it is possible that they are not from any part? If I wanted to recycle it where could I find it? :idea:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 3:12 

I don't quite understand what you are asking. Are you asking how you would get an inverter for your backlight? If so, they are usually an external additional board that you would plug your backlight in to. Unless the LCD itself has the inverter built in, this is how you would do it. CCFT's pretty much always require an external board to drive them. I don't think I've ever seen a LCD with a built in circuitry to drive a CCFT. There are some that have built in inverters for the EL backlight though. Do you know which backlight you have?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 9:05 

Currently Henri is the only one i know in Europe that can build you a decent SED controller with integrated DC-converter circuit.
Vee looks to be max. -25v and you'll need a mini-inverter for your EL backlight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 13:07 

One~Zero wrote:
I don't quite understand what you are asking. Are you asking how you would get an inverter for your backlight? If so, they are usually an external additional board that you would plug your backlight in to. Unless the LCD itself has the inverter built in, this is how you would do it. CCFT's pretty much always require an external board to drive them. I don't think I've ever seen a LCD with a built in circuitry to drive a CCFT. There are some that have built in inverters for the EL backlight though. Do you know which backlight you have?

no panic, my be a retoric question :wink: ....becouse this controller is hard to find to buy all around the world...

coorz wrote:
Currently Henri is the only one i know in Europe that can build you a decent SED controller with integrated DC-converter circuit.
Vee looks to be max. -25v and you'll need a mini-inverter for your EL backlight.

Then Henri are the only chance i have to make working this controllerless LCD...i have sent last night one e-mail, i hope i answer....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 17:09 

Hiho !

Ask these guys here in a mail. I have a sed controlelr from them with is working just fine

http://www.angelfire.com/electronic/mic ... page4.html

you have to ask though wich one it is, the A or the F. i dont remember. i think its the A version but if you tell them what you want with it in an email i am sure they can tell you.

Seemed like nice guys to me.

regards

tec

Last edited by teclis22 on Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:36, edited 1 time in total.