LCDInfo.com

http://www.lcdinfo.com
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:38

All times are UTC + 2 hours

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 20:05 

I just went to an auction today and bought a box of LCD pannels of which I know nothing about! The screens on the pannels are about 8.5 inches by 1.375 inches the only markings on the back are

6E0 MADE IN JAPAN DG0648
GEB-2294V-0 S

There are 6 large chips marked SANYO LC7940 6L4 and one chip at the end which is a SANYO LC7942 6D4

They also have a ribbon connection with 14 pins

Any information to interface this with a PC would be great!

Thank you all in advance

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 20:47 

This thread may be useful to you: http://forum.lcdinfo.com/viewtopic.php?t=1069

Last edited by Michael on Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:21, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 21:24 

thanks for the quick reply, it certainly was helpful, now all i need is to find a sed controller to play around in canada....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 23:33 

The other thread leads to the HD61830 controller (which is now replaced with the LC7981). If your display is like that other one, then the SED controller won't work for your display. I'm not sure which one yours uses. I've made some LC7981 controllers in the past, but I don't think anyone else makes them anymore. If you had a datasheet, that would be a big bonus. If not, you could trace the connections back from the 14 pin connector and find out where they go on the LC7940/LC7942 IC's. Get the datasheets for the LC794X's and it will help you out as well.
Post some pics of the display too if you get a chance....front and back. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:37 

seemed to found my lcd screens, time to revive my old thread,

wondering if anyone has information to the aforementioned screen, also trying to see if the new USB13700 would work in controlling my display

http://www.lcdinfo.com/products/usb13700.html

6x sanyo LCD7940 controllers
http://www.pacificdisplay.com/ics_app%2 ... 0-41YC.pdf
or
http://www.chipdocs.com/pnsearch/downlo ... tid=905156

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 23:17 

Sounds like the maximum resolution with your 6 x LC7940 + 1 x LC7942 driver chips could be 6x80 x 1x64 = 480x64 pixels

480x64 also sounds realistic for the 8.5 inches by 1.375 inches display area you mentioned.

Looking at the driver datasheets it also looks like they use the 4 bit drive signals that the USB13700 board generates. So the USB13700 would probably be compatible.

To figure out the connector pinout you could use a multimeter to figure out the connectivity from the 14 pin connector the driver chips and make a list of what you find.

If possible you could post some pictures of the displays and maybe that would allow giving some more information.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 20:08 

I'm new to the boards...

and i HATE casting ressurection on old threads.... however i've just come across one of these LCD's, and i cannot find ANY information at all on this bad boy...

the closest solution posted on here, likely won't work, as the LCD board uses parallel inputs, and not serial.

it's got a 14 pin connection, of which pin 1-4 are power, 5 i'm not sure what it does yet, 6 is a N/C, and 7 - 14 are all data... with 11 - 14 being D1 - SDI (SDI being serial data input, or Data 4) there is no option to switch to serial data mode, as the P/S function on the Sanyo drivers are tied Low.. which sets them in parallel mode.

Now i've done alot of research on this LCD screen, but i seem to be hitting a brick wall when it comes to 2 of the power pins, and Pin 5...

I've got a PIC Micro 18f4685 microcontroller that i'll be programming to be my LCD controller. and i'm going to go from there, the problem is just figuring out what some of the Pins on the LCD board are for...

I noticed earlier someone asked for pictures of the board... i'll see about uploading some pictures when i get home, i'm at the college right now, just doing some research, and potentially desoldering the current connector, as i don't have the ribbon for it, so i'll be soldering on my own wiring to work better with my PIC.

so to sum up what i'm asking:
1) has the previous poster figured out how to make these work?
2) as much as i'm sure the serial data won't work, did it work? i've been wrong before, it could happen again.
3) Anyone have any information on the Pin out for this LCD? or other 64 x 480 LCD's using the sanyo drivers?
4) that's basically it... but from the quick little browse i did on your forum, i think i could come to like it here, i'm Very new to the electronics world... doing a career change and just finished my first year of college.