LCDInfo.com

http://www.lcdinfo.com
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:41

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 14:29 

I'm back! And, I've wired the display to the parallel connector.

But I can't get any data on the display. It stays "black". I've try'ed LCDinfo, but nothing apears on the display. I've installed the driverlinx driver. But still nothing happends.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 19:04 
If it's all black you might have too much contrast. Initially there shouldn't be any black pixels.

Also setting the lpt port more to ECP/EPP might help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 19:08 

Seems like I just don't know how to login. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 16:04 

Well, for some reason, I don't think it's a contrast problem..... :oops: The point is... there are 3 wires to the GRD..... and only 1 to the +5V.....

And I've got a feeling that I didn't hook the PIN17 of the display to the +5V. Better yet, I KNOW I didn't hook it up to the +5V :oops:

First thing on monday (jep, the display is at work) I'm gonna connect that wire and give it another test... Perhaps I should check the other connections as well :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2003 11:13 

Oke, fixed it!!!!

It was the contrast! I've replaced the 10K adjustible resistor by two normal resistors and I've got image! A little dark, but I've got image! After that, I putt in another adjustible resistor and set the contract. Now, the image is just nice.

But a little backlight would be nice. According to the schematic, the pins 19 and 20 could not be connected, but I think they are. Copper tracks are running to the display. And they end at a place that could be the backlight.

When the display was still in the controller, it had a blacklight. Also, the PCB on which this display was connected, has 20V on the pins (that should not be connected :? ). I've put the display back in the controller and with the dispay connected, the is still 20V on those pins, so I think the backlight needs 20V to work.

I'm gonna hook the whole thing up again, but this time, it's gonna be the final hookup. I've found an old SUN classic1 would make a nice case for the display :) Keep you informed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 20:48 

Is there any datasheet for the 12864 to be found? I think it can be wired up ok with the schematics posted so far, but how do you know what data to send to it to put the dots on the screen?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 22:06 

snabeldykker wrote:
Is there any datasheet for the 12864 to be found? I think it can be wired up ok with the schematics posted so far, but how do you know what data to send to it to put the dots on the screen?

What do you mean by 12864 datasheet ? For KS0108 you can find datasheets here: http://www.skippari.net/lcd/ks0108.html

For some KS0108 example code you can check the development forum: http://www.skippari.net/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=9

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 15:45 

Sorry... should have searched more before posting...
I am quite new to this, but I think I get the picture now.
Thank you Henri.