LCDInfo.com

http://www.lcdinfo.com
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:24

All times are UTC + 2 hours

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2002 13:48 
hello

i just bought this lcd from online store , but the pin look like difference to other t6963c , please help

http://www.intech-lcd.com.cn/image/Graphic_LCM/240128k5.pdf

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2002 1:15 
A bit of common sense and some simple homework would go a long way in help you here. :wink:

Look at the LCDInfo schematics and use the table listing the LPT pins to the LCD pins and match up the CD, WR etc to your LCD:

CE to pin 14 on LPT
CD to pin 16 on LPT
RD to pin 17 on LPT
wr to pin 1 on LPT and so forth.

It looks like you will need upto 7v to drive the logic of the LCD (5v is standard) and upto 30v for the contrast. 30v seems rather high. Somewhere there needs to be a trim pot/variable resistor to adjust the contrast which is usally about 100k Ohm. Perhaps between pins 1 and 2 of your LCD. Many LCDs use a -ve voltage to drive the dispaly, but it seems you will not have to worry about trying to make a -ve volatge circuit for your display. :)

In the future you should make sure you have a rough idea of what your are doing or some basic electronics skill before rushing in. Good luck. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2002 8:09 

Above post already has some help but maybe I could say something also.

CE to pin 14 on LPT
CD to pin 16 on LPT
RD to pin 17 on LPT
WR to pin 1 on LPT

DB0-DB7 to pins 2-9 on LPT

Some people need to connect a wire from the LPT ground (pins 18-25 if I remember correctly) to the display GND to get rid of garbage on the display.

For VCC use +5v.

FS and RESET pins go to +5v.

From the VEE pin you should get a negative voltage (maybe something like -20v) for the contrast. You should wire that through a potentiometer to the pins ADJ and CTRL somehow. But I'm not sure how. In my display I've only one contrast adjust pin and here's how I have it connected: http://www.skippari.net/lcd/ks0108.html ( pin 18 is VEE, pin 3 is contrast adjustment pin )

Maybe the CTRL pin is just a shutdown pin or something like that and you can wire it to the ADJ pin like in the schematic found from the above link.

Do you have more information about this display ?

And then there's the PD (Power Down) pin still left. From the block diagram it seems that it goes to the T6963C controller so the T6963C datasheet might help finding out how it works. I can check it later.