LCDInfo.com

http://www.lcdinfo.com
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 16:29

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: another n00b here
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:52 

greetz.

i found your forum while searching for computer mod ideas.

i dont know if i'm even in the right place, but...

i have an old portable dvd player with a small lcd screen. i would like to modify it to fit on the front of my pc tower. as far as what i want it to display... i'm open. i would sometimes like it to display info pertaining to my pc and at other times i might want it to act as a micro-monitor. kinda like a hella small screen on a hella large laptop.. LOL

i havent even broken open the dvd player yet. i'm sure it has that really small ribbon that feeds it. i have no idea if it will even work.

but... that's what i'm here for.

i would be greatly appreciative if you guys would tell me if it will even work.

i hope for some sort of reply. i will check back probably sometime in the next day or two. when i return i hope i can provide some info as to what type/brand/model/etc. that the screen is.

thanks very much.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:39 

welp... no replies.

if i am trying to do something that this forum does not specialize in, please let me know.

the screen is a color wide-screen (?) from an axion portable dvd player.

i opened the case and here is what i found:

1. on the back of the screen shield is a white sticker with
ACN-BL582-294A5810

2. on the card that is connected directly to the screen with a ribbon
LD28433C

3. on the card with the contrast, volume and 2 headphone jacks
LD28982A

4. on the card to the right of the screen; it appears to be a power supply for the screen due to some sort of amplifier and 2 bigger guage wires connecting them
LD28350D

i am assuming that the card connected to the screen is the controller.

i may be able to connect this to the PC as a monitor if i knew the connection pattern. there are 2 plugs that connect from the DVD portion to the screen portion. one of the plugs has 5 wires. i think the other had about 8-10 wires. i assume the 5 wire plug is for the sound, due to it connecting to the card with the sound features. the 8-10 plug mostly connects to what i assume is the video controller. these are the standard small white connectors like used to be used to connect stuff to old sound cards.

if you guys think this kind of screen does not apply to the types of screens covered by this forum, any assistance you guys may provide as to where to look for data sheets, schematics, or wiring diagrams of screens would be of great assistance.

and, if i do find out how to make this work, i will provide this forum with the info if anyone else is interested.

thank you guys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 17:22 

Often the parts in devices like these don't have datasheets available that would help finding out how they work and how they can be used. Unfortunately. This is also probably the reason why there might not be much replies to questions asking about these.

Have you tried searching for any information based on the model numbers you found ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 18:30 

actually after i got into the case, i saw that one of the connectors was labeled +, -, c, y, and someting else... i cant remeber. i know that c and y recresent, i think, luminecence and contrast?!?!?!?! i ant recall right now. i modified an s-video cable to work with the a/v plug on the back of the dvd player. i actually had it working as a second monitor. i am going to find a way to bypass the dvd players board, where the a/v plug is, so that i can simply wire directly to the plug i mentioned before. i guess i will then use an s-vid cable and snake it through the computer to the video card. i am planning on mounting this where i have 3 "cd-rom" slots open. i guess i'll use it as a second monitor, albeit, mounted into my pc case. thanks guys. i'll post updates. peace

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 16:28 

Ok based on the labels you found sounds like it is using analog interface. So you might be able to get it working like you planned.