LCDInfo.com

http://www.lcdinfo.com
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:52

All times are UTC + 2 hours

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 23:31 

Hi guys,

I did search but didn't really answer my own questions...

I have an Optrex DMF-50773 nf-fw which is the cathode lit version, I bought it from Ebay with a definite plan in mind hoping for a simple com port/usb connection. I then saw the amount of different ways of driving and powering the different LCD's and got stumped! I have a half decent electronics knowledge but looking at the datasheet and on the internet it seems that,this is beyond me!

I have seen the controller board you have on here and it looks like it will do the job and over USB as well giving me a spare com port which I need. Sods law dictates that the controller is more than the LCD cost :?

The display will be a Carpc Status monitor and OBD2 engine management status display, oil temp, water temp, AFR etc it is the perfect size and a quick play with the other lcd software has got me on the road with plugins and suchlike. I program in C# in my "spare" time so softwarewise I should be good to go.

General advice to a noob at the LCD game would be much appreciated try not to baffle me too much as I can think of so many uses for LCD's :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 14:02 

Basically you can either connect the LCD to the parallel port or then to USB using a controller like USB13700 for example. Even though USB13700 doesn't currently support displays with T6963C controller let me know if you're seriously interested and email me and I should be able to put together working support for it.

If you decide to go with parallel port connection then you should be able to find some example schematics in this forum also.

For the software side your options are pretty much to use some of the existing LCD softwares and if needed make your own plugins or then make your completely own software. Based on your plans for the display your own software might be a good way to go. There should be some examples and discussion about programming a 240x128 T6963C display in this forum also.

If you have some specific questions it might be easier to give answers that you're looking for.