LCDInfo.com

http://www.lcdinfo.com
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:40

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: NEC NL6448BC20-18D
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 15:08 

I have a NEC NL6448BC20-18D and it has a board on the back that i am desperatley trying to find out what it is and who makes it. Please help if you know any information about it. I can send pictures or whatever i really need some info on this board. PLEASE!!!
The 2 White BarCodes Read: ED602077

Last edited by pcnismo on Wed Aug 13, 2008 15:46, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 15:35 

If you have pictures then why not show them? I'm pretty sure noone is going to come to you to and ask if they could see them please, so that they could help you.

I'm sure that there are lots of knowledgeable visitors in these forums but the challenge is to get them interested in your problem and taking the time to write a reply. You should make it as easy as possible for them to help you.
Post as many details as possible, don't expect them to go use a search engine if you can do it yourself and post any useful information found out that way in your post. If you can find related datasheets and information you should post links to those.

So basically the easier you make if for others to help you the more likely you will get an useful answer. And this wasn't targeted specifically to you but to all posters asking questions in these forums.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 15:02 

The server that has the images doesn't seem to be responding - at least here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:57 

The pictures are somewhat blurry so it's difficult to see. Any chance to post some high resolution images of the PCB and the IC's on it? Seeing what IC's are used might give some hints about what the PCB does. There is nothing on the bottom side of the PCB?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 23:01 

Hi there,
I guess that I bought a similar item on the e-bay, and arrived me three or four days ago.
I did a little reverse engineering on the back board, since the manufacturer who trashed that boards don't give any info about them because they say that they are no longer used in their products (It's a pharmacy counting pills machines manufacturer).
Anyways, I wrote some things I discoverd about the back board into a pdf file, if you give me your e-mail address I can send it to you.
Soldering the missing DB9 female connector, you can use the embedded touch screen controller.
I also wrote a very small VB6 program to show the x-y coordinates of the point touched on it. I can send you this software and its source code, if you like it.
Take care to check your back board before power up it, since I guess that they trashed the panels because they were defective.
My board, for example, had one tantalum capacitor mounted the reverse way and after few seconds the board entered a crazy working state.
For your knowledge, the LCD bus is a Texas Instrument FLAT LINK LVDS matched to 75ohms.
Have a nice day.
Massimo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 22:02 

:lol: Please send me your pdf file and the touchscreen prog. Thank You
my eMail camarovideopro@gmail.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 23:16 

Ok Camaro,
just did it.
You should receive the files soon.

Massimo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 21:35 

pmax65, Please send me your pdf file and the program.
my email: anuwat@outputstream.net

Thanks,
Ho

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:08 

pmax65 - Can you send me the PDF?

More importantly, did you figure out how to power up the LCD? I was planning on using this as a touchscreen (mounted within a wall) in the kitchen to check on weather etc. I was planning on using a PC in the closet to power it up but don't get this special adapter on the back.

Thanks

[quote="pmax65"]Hi there,
I guess that I bought a similar item on the e-bay, and arrived me three or four days ago.
I did a little reverse engineering on the back board, since the manufacturer who trashed that boards don't give any info about them because they say that they are no longer used in their products (It's a pharmacy counting pills machines manufacturer).
Anyways, I wrote some things I discoverd about the back board into a pdf file, if you give me your e-mail address I can send it to you.
Soldering the missing DB9 female connector, you can use the embedded touch screen controller.
I also wrote a very small VB6 program to show the x-y coordinates of the point touched on it. I can send you this software and its source code, if you like it.
Take care to check your back board before power up it, since I guess that they trashed the panels because they were defective.
My board, for example, had one tantalum capacitor mounted the reverse way and after few seconds the board entered a crazy working state.
For your knowledge, the LCD bus is a Texas Instrument FLAT LINK LVDS matched to 75ohms.
Have a nice day.
Massimo[/quote]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:02 

Hi Filelover,
Yes I can send you the pdf, but you should give me your e-mail where to send it.

About powering up it, you have two ways: the first method uses the 2mm pitch 26 pins interface connector, the second uses the small 2 pins connector called J19 placed near the board edge close to the 26 pin connector.
The ground is the pin electrically connected to the metallc frame of the LCD, while the other pin is the +12V power supply input.
Note that, even if you power up the board, you can't see anything because the backlight's inverter is turned off by a signal on the 26 pins connector.
Give me your e-mail and I'll send you the pdf with all the info you need.

By the way, be careful before powering up the board. Check all the components placement because my board had a reverse mounted tantalum capacitor.
Massimo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 13:59 

Oops, milsum@gmail.com

Can't figure out for the life of me how I would power it up and connect to a PC.

Thanks

[quote="pmax65"]Hi Filelover,
Yes I can send you the pdf, but you should give me your e-mail where to send it.

About powering up it, you have two ways: the first method uses the 2mm pitch 26 pins interface connector, the second uses the small 2 pins connector called J19 placed near the board edge close to the 26 pin connector.
The ground is the pin electrically connected to the metallc frame of the LCD, while the other pin is the +12V power supply input.
Note that, even if you power up the board, you can't see anything because the backlight's inverter is turned off by a signal on the 26 pins connector.
Give me your e-mail and I'll send you the pdf with all the info you need.

By the way, be careful before powering up the board. Check all the components placement because my board had a reverse mounted tantalum capacitor.
Massimo[/quote]