LCDInfo.com

http://www.lcdinfo.com
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 13:43

All times are UTC + 2 hours

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 18:58 

I finally found a sight dealing with this stuff!!!
Im pretty sure that the USB S1D13700 controller board wont work with this because it only takes up to 20 pins, and this is a 30 pin connector...right?

its an LG LB070W02 heres the PDF:

http://www.beyondinfinite.com/lcd/Libra ... W02-A5.pdf

so my question is how would you guys describe to a absolute noob(aka me) where the heck to start? My ultimate goal is to make a photo viewer, and i am going to use a scandisk photoviewer off of ebay for cheap and it takes a standard component cable connection....so basically all i need to do is figure out how to design prototype my own circuit (or use USB S1D13700 controller board if it can support the screen)for turning this LCD into a screen that has a video component in...

thanks,
storm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 13:29 

You are correct, the USB13700 wouldn't be a match for this one as it's only meant for monochrome displays.

Looking at the datasheet you linked to this would be a 480x234 resolution analog input panel. Looking at the pinout in addition to the video data and sync signals you would need many more control signals too.

So the first step would be the study the display datasheet and the interface connections and timings and trying to find a controller IC that matches it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:29 

ugh, alright thank you so much for the reply... i will start my search!!! any tips where to start?