LCDInfo.com

http://www.lcdinfo.com
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 15:04

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: SSD1289 chipset problems
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:12 

I got a cheap 320x240 RGB TFT with the SSD1289 chipset on ebay and I'm having some problems. The Green isn't working as I expect.

If I run the display in 64k colour mode, I can get a smooth Red and Blue gradient. Green, on the other hand, displays as 4 distinct gradients - green gradient is smooth but jumps in intensity in the 4 blocks. 64k colour mode uses a mapped 16bit colour value, 5 red bits, 6 green bits and 5 blue bits. I've double checked I've mapped green correctly.

I was originally thinking I have a faulty display (it was from ebay after all), but I'm having another strange problem with Green when I try 262k colour mode. In this mode, theoretically, I should send 3 bytes for the RGB values, only the bottom 6 bits are used. However, the display is only using 2 bytes - Red and Blue. If I send 3 bytes, the 3rd byte is used as the first part of the next pixel. Green never displays at all in this mode, no matter what values I send.

I've gone over the initialisation code. I've tried samples for other displays, but no luck. I've read the documenation and can't see anything that describes what I am seeing.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Frank

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 13:02 

ftkalcevic wrote:
I got a cheap 320x240 RGB TFT with the SSD1289 chipset on ebay and I'm having some problems. The Green isn't working as I expect.

If I run the display in 64k colour mode, I can get a smooth Red and Blue gradient. Green, on the other hand, displays as 4 distinct gradients - green gradient is smooth but jumps in .....

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Frank

Hi ,,, I have been using the SSD1289 based 3.2" TFTs with 16-bit 8080 i/f but never have been problem ,,

Looks like you are using 8-bit interface !!! because I've been facing the same RGB issue with other TFT with 8-bit 8080 IF ...

By the ways ,,,, see my great hacks of Nokia color TFTs on Sparkfun ,,

regards

maan