LCDInfo.com

http://www.lcdinfo.com
It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2024 9:08

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: NOKIA 3310 connection
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 11:39 

:?: hi
i just bought a a nokia 3310 lcd LPH7779 and i tried to figure out how to connect it i found a 8 pins connector but when i removed the lcd front from the plastic casing "the transperant one like a keypad" i found out that the connector is not attached to the lcd ....is this normal ?? and how can i use it with the connector not fixed firmly ...and onother thing i tried to solder a thin wire on the pins but its too thin and very close to each other so i couldn't solder it ...if any one know some kind of cable or connector i can use to connect it to i will be grateful and onther thing if there any way i can test the lcd like how to power it up to check if every pixel of the lcd is working.........sorry for the bad english and stupid questions but i really do need this lcd working in two weeks...thank you all ....bye

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 21:04 

I'm not sure what exactly your problem is, but maybe this page will help you http://serdisplib.sourceforge.net/ser/pcd8544.html . Hopefully you didn't remove anything vital. I have a broken display with the plastic keyboard from, i guess, some 3xxx phone. If the connector is attached to the screen with the plastic, i guess you have to cut the keyboard off of the display to use it.