LCDInfo.com

http://www.lcdinfo.com
It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2024 9:22

All times are UTC + 2 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 21:42 

Hi, this is my first post here so be gentle k :).

I'm looking for the method in which to connect an LCD panel I have, it is branded SHARP LM24012 & has 1x HD61203S & 3x HD61200S the display is a graphics display whith a viewable area of 45x198mm approx.
The spec sheet is easily found for this IC but I do not have a clue as to how to go about connecting it to either the serial or parallel port on a PC which is what I would like to do with it. I do have HD44780's and have no problems with them but this 1 has me tossed :( as I am unfarmiliar with some of the terminology used on some of the pinouts and have little to do with serial interface, I say that as there is no bus D0-D7 lines with which to work with on the main IC HD61203S.
I have had the display going and filled the screen with dots but that was only by applying power and adjusting the pot but thats it.

The PDF can be downloaded from here:-
http://www.data-modul.de/de/service/dow ... 61203U.pdf

It says it is a HD61203U but it is the same as the HD61203S so far as I can tell. It's the first package in the PDF file.

If pictures are needed I can email them no problems.

Any help would be appreciated greatly and if more info is needed please ask.
Thanks in advance Prolater

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 1:10 

In the subject you're saying this isn't related to the HD61203 IC, I'm wondering what makes you think so ?

Just that when I look at the datasheet it looks similar to the HD61202/HD61203 and KS0107/KS0108 equipped displays. Also the IC is from Hitachi and with the same part number.

Your display could possible be 192x64 with 3 CS lines compared to more common 128x64 with 2 CS lines.

If you can find the datasheet for the HD61200 IC that one might give you the more familiar interface with D0-D7 lines. I tried to quickly look for it but didn't find a working link. HD61202 might be similar but I don't know what the difference is.
If you have or find the HD61200 datasheet I'd be interested in seeing it.