LCDInfo.com

http://www.lcdinfo.com
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:50

All times are UTC + 2 hours

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 20:46 

Hello,

I hope someone would be kind enough to help me, I have been searching and reading about this for 3 days now and im completely confused.

I want to make a small compact as possible device with a Nokia 6100 or similar lcd, i wanted it to display a simple graphic or animation, this happens when a light sensor is activated, I wanted it to stop and switch off after about 30 seconds even if the light is still on, I also wanted it to display some graphic equalizer type animation, when music is played in the room. I would prefer it again to switch itself off after about 30 seconds.

Ive looked at some circuits to control the display, however these all seem to be to complicated for what I want to achieve, and the pics used seem to be way too large to squeeze into the space I have available. I think I can do the programming required to achieve what I wish to display, however I am stuck with the components and circuit layout. I hope someone could help me please?

Ive seen a design for connecting to a Nokia 3310 display instead, and this is simple and only uses a 12f675, I can find this in a smd package, however this may be a little too basic.

Really hope someone can help, sorry I have been searching for ages I am trying to learn but I am new to this and to electronics, I have read and tried to absorb all the examples I can find...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 17:38 

Hello :)

Ok, ive found an example that I may be able to use.

Does anyone know if i use the example at http://www.reifel.org/PICUserInterface/

If I replace the up button, with a microphone and the down button with a light sensor, remove the other two buttons, could this work??? Also would there be an alternative smaller pic i can use instead of 18F2620? I want to remove 3 of the 4 leds in the display, as i only need to display a small amount of data in one of the corners of the lcd.

I really hope someone can help, thank you for reading