LCDInfo.com

http://www.lcdinfo.com
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 15:51

All times are UTC + 2 hours

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:19 

Hi everyone,

I am having problem with DMF5001 T6963C graphic lcd. I use Rabbit2000 to control the lcd to display tape's temperature. It seems to work fine when i restart.But, if i leave the system for a while the LCD will start to display a garbage character or disiplay the same string twice on the same line(just next to its original line). If i restart the system it would work fine and after sometimes i will get the same problem again.
I use for(;;) loop to read my temperature and update and send it to lcd.
I also have some delay between the reading.
I use scrolling 2 pages to display same informations (to enable smooth display) on top of each other- read temperature->send it to page 2->copy it to a buffer in page 1->send it to page1->scroll page 2 then scroll page 1 and repeate the step.

The garbage seems to come from one page but not the other page. I had tested my scroll page before with normal output string it worked fine and i scroll between pages it didnt give me any problem.

Any help would be appreciated,
Thank you,
Wanna,

MODBREAK: Hi sorry can't help you, but in the future please do not sticky your posts, thank you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 21:54 

Seems that you might have some interference in the wiring between the lcd and microcontroller. Or you are driving the T6963C with too fast timing.

You can also implement a periodic re-initialization and update of the whole screen.

Anyway things I'd check are:
-is the timing slow enough ?
-maybe try using the busy flag if not already used
-interference