LCDInfo.com

http://www.lcdinfo.com
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:44

All times are UTC + 2 hours

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 16:56 

HI, I CANNOT FIND ANYTHING TO HELP ME INTERFACE WITH MY SAMSUNG KS0107/KS0108 LCD, I DO NOT UNDERSTAND C OR C++ AND I JUST WOUNDERED IF ANYONE HAD ANYTHING IN VB.

P.S. I FOUND THIS VB PROGRAM ON A GERMAN WEBSITE WITH IS THE BEST THING SO FAR, BUT I CANNOT READ GERMAN AND I DONT UNDERSTAND. I'M STUCK!!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 1:22 

kirkcairnsborg wrote:
HI, I CANNOT FIND ANYTHING TO HELP ME INTERFACE WITH MY SAMSUNG KS0107/KS0108 LCD, I DO NOT UNDERSTAND C OR C++ AND I JUST WOUNDERED IF ANYONE HAD ANYTHING IN VB.

P.S. I FOUND THIS VB PROGRAM ON A GERMAN WEBSITE WITH IS THE BEST THING SO FAR, BUT I CANNOT READ GERMAN AND I DONT UNDERSTAND. I'M STUCK!!

You might find VB a little difficult, more so than C/C++, to use as an interface to your LCD.

Have a look at Xblite, http://perso.wanadoo.fr/xblite/. This is a BASIC compiler with a syntax thats clear and easier to get to grips with than C, with almost matching performance.

I hate to sound like an advert, but if you don't understand C/C++ and VB is giving you problems then XBlite may be what you need.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 3:19 

I had the same problems you had....it took me weeks, even months before i could turn even one pixel on. Then another couple weeks to get a letter...then finally words...and eventually pictures....although the picture function is a little sketchy. I have a module written in VB that works for the KS0108....however...you will need to change some numbers to match your wiring scheme....but initialization and eerything is all inside....i did not finish it as i got a color lcd....so there are very few comments...it is very messy....and i am no longer supporting the KS0108. So use this at your own risk. If you DO use it...PLEASE....PLEASE give me credit...i have worked on this for a year and a couple months doing research and all...it would annoy me greatly if you just leeched my code. Thanks

Andreas

P.S. PM me your email address and i will email you the ZIP with my project in it. If you have any problems with it...feel free to email me but i cannot guarentee i will be able to answer your question. Good Luck comrade

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:45 

ok thanks, i will give it a go

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 20:10 

Hi,

i also tried a little bit in Programming my LCD in Visual Basic, 'cause i don't understand the C / C++ Language.

I found a VB-Code for programming the KS0108 Interface. It works very good, and i also can put the WINAMP data on it. The only Problem is, CPU Load is nearly 25 % when the Program is running... So i think it the Timer but i don't know, how i can optimize the Code.

And if you need help for the German Code, i may help you (because i'm German :) )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 16:09 

hi, kannst du mir den Source mal zu kommen lassen???

;P