LCDInfo.com

http://www.lcdinfo.com
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:51

All times are UTC + 2 hours

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:50 

:D I wrote a program on PC allowing to test the LCD colors Nokia 6100 or 7210 (or compatible).
It functions with the 2 types of controller (Epson and Philips). It also makes it possible to adjust the contrast of the Epson model comfortably.
The LCD is connected to the parallel port with a simple interface.

All the detail on [url]http://electronique.marcel.free.fr/

You will also find sample programs C and assembler for MSP430 (for the 2 types of controllers).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 15:05 

Great Job Cremmel,
Congratulations!

How to make the Data Fonts table?

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 23:48 

Great ! I've just bought one of these screens from jelu, I'm just beginning to play with it. Do you know what frame rate is achievable using a PIC to bang the data the the display ? I'd like to make some kind of video playback using an SD card and a 40MHz PIC for an art project.

But please check your site under firefox, it is completely unreadable !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 0:25 

M. MrPhelps

I do not work with PIC microcontrolers.
To obtain highest speed, choose a model which has a programmable SPI coupler on 9 bits. The majority are fixed with 8 bits : the adaptation to 9 bits makes waste time.

The maximum serial bit rate accepted by the controller of the LCD is about of 7Mbits/s. An image consists of 130x130=16900 pixels, that is to say 135200 bits. With 7Mbits/s, that gives approximately 51 images a second. One will not be able to go more quickly, some is the microcontrolor used.

Cordially

CREMMEL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 0:46 

Damn I hadn't thought about this 9-bit protocol issue ... It looks like every LCD controller out there has it's own protocol ;p

I don't think any PIC can support it unfortunately. I hope a few shifts will do the trick.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 10:45 

You can carry out the transfer with instructions of shift, but it is not as fast as SPI.
To my knowledge, the microcontrolers having a coupler SPI with variable size (until 16 bits) are:
- Atmel AT91SAM series
- ST STR710 series
- TI : MSP430F2000 series (free samples !)
- TI : MSP470 series (free samples !)
- Philips : LPC2103
- PIC : ???

P.S. : My web site is now more readable!

Post subject: Problem
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 12:00 

Hi. I have question about this display...I try to conntrol with Atmel 89c2051 And its not good.

Now i try connect LCD to Parallel port...and run your program. Text on display is realy bad look and if i inverting text from any axis....I cant read it....Its many dots on lcd and no Text.....Why???

Is any diferent with Epson/Philips driver??? Its compatible?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 16:54 

I tested my program on the LCD of the models Nokia 7210 or 6100 with the 2 types of controllers (Philips and Epson). You must choose the type before activating the LCD.
The Philips controller uses a nonvolatile memory programmed with the manufacture which regulates contrast and the luminosity in a perfect way as of the powering. The adjustments of contrast thus do not have any effect.
It is not the case of the Epson controller: it is necessary to optimize this adjustment in my program and to note the ideal values. The adjustment is very fine.

I could not help you if your LCD is of another type or uses a third type of controller!

The images on my site (http://electronique.marcel.free.fr/LCD% ... leurs.html) were obtained with the 2 types of LCD.[/url]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 19:38 

thank you so much for your code Mr Cremmel. i have used your lcd initialisation and data font routines. i have one question. your routine for writing characters of size 16x13 doesnt give correct output. i noticed that you have commented those routines. i really need the correct 16x13 font table. if you could arrange it then it wud be great. i also need 13x11 font set. can you tell me how to generate it? or if you can, please generate it

i would also like to ask what frame rate you achieved with msp430? i have used manual clocking out instead of spi. how much of a difference does it make?

thank you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 19:37 

This sounds great.
A testsoft for the NOKIA lcd's.

Is it possible to get a copy in english of the soft?
A short tutorial on how to connect the LCD against the PC would be great.
(perhaps with the jelu interface described?)

I have a couple of different Nokia LCD's that I really would like to testout before going for the PIC coding.

What URL has the download for the soft?
Have some difficulties reading your homepage :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 19:23 

Hello, Mr Cremmel,
I'm also working with the MSP430; my model is F149, so I think I will have to do some changes on your programs..But my question is about the connections between the MSP430 and the LCD. Can you connect directly chip and LCD pins (as in your WEB image)? Is it not necessary to use any TPS61040-based circuitry as in Sparkfun and Jelu adapters?
I'm going to take the LCD from and old Nokia phone so I hope I would not have to buy any adaptor nor do too much soldering, as I'm working with a Texas evaluation board.
Thanks for your help. You have done a great job.

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 23:45 

Hello everyone,

Am having problems running a nokia 6100 lcd with msp430f2618.

i have modified the code given in

http://electronique.marcel.free.fr/LCD% ... leurs.html

appropriately to fit into msp430f2618. But things dont seem to work.

First of all the LCD pin configuration given in the above site did not match mine, though i had a similar looking lcd display. i could find that it was mirrored. In my case the backlight was on pin 1 (vled+) and pin 2 (vled-).

I have connected pins vdisp and vdig to 3.3v.

i have connected sda and clk directly to msp spi pins. and given cd and reset to gpio pins of msp430.

But i dont get anythin on the screen except for the backlight.

could someone please help me on this? I am on a tight schedule and i have been struggling for a few months with this problem.

Regards and thanks,
Mohammed shareef

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 23:45 

Hello everyone,

Am having problems running a nokia 6100 lcd with msp430f2618.

i have modified the code given in

http://electronique.marcel.free.fr/LCD% ... leurs.html

appropriately to fit into msp430f2618. But things dont seem to work.

First of all the LCD pin configuration given in the above site did not match mine, though i had a similar looking lcd display. i could find that it was mirrored. In my case the backlight was on pin 1 (vled+) and pin 2 (vled-).

I have connected pins vdisp and vdig to 3.3v.

i have connected sda and clk directly to msp spi pins. and given cd and reset to gpio pins of msp430.

But i dont get anythin on the screen except for the backlight.

could someone please help me on this? I am on a tight schedule and i have been struggling for a few months with this problem.

Regards and thanks,
Mohammed shareef

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 14:31 

Hello Mr.Cremmel,
I am having problems in nokia 6100. I dont get anything on the screen except for the backlight amnd dont work with PIC microcontrolers.