LCDInfo.com

http://www.lcdinfo.com
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 15:06

All times are UTC + 2 hours

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 23:24 

Hello everyone,

My name is Eric and I'm posting to try and find someone who knows what they're doing with these nokia knock-off LCD's (purchased from sparkfun.com with the pc boards). I'm currently a student and am working on an audio project that I have to add some sort of output display to. I figured I'd use these awesome color screens. I have a budget for the project and I'm able to spend some money on R&D for the LCD portion. It's not going to be a ton, but I think I can make it worth someone's while.

The major problem is that, though I'm good with electronics, I have very little experience with programming. I'm not unintelligent, I've got a few degrees. I just have no experience in this field and am under a serious time crunch. I have 6 weeks to get this entire project designed, built and tested (starting 5/15/06), and I can't spend more then 2 weeks working on the LCD portion. I'm a complete noob when it comes to these LCD's, what processor to program, how to write the code, and how to interface them with a PC.

If anyone is willing to walk me through how to get some images to show up on these screens (also a couple of simple animations if possible) and help write any of the necessary code, send me an e-mail, I'll let you know exactly what the situation is for my project and about what I can spend. You'll let me know how you think you can help, and if it's all good, I can send you half the money up front and the other half when we get the LCD requirements done.

This could be a very easy thing for someone who has already got some pictures to show on these LCD's and knows what they're doing. It could be some quick easy cash.

This is a great forum, and I really look forward to learning all I can about these LCD's and everything necessary to get them up and running.

You can send me an e-mail at DPfan1EJY@aol.com and I'll get back to you ASAP. If you can, put "LCD Forum help" in the subject so I see it. Or if you'd just like to reply to this post I'll be checking it often as well.

I should also mention that I plan to document all of my progress and post a walk through on this forum so that others in my position can benefit as well.

Thank you for your time,
Eric

Last edited by Methos4034 on Wed May 10, 2006 3:39, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 0:22 

Example code can be found here: http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/produc ... cts_id=569

More in-depth details can also be found here: http://forum.lcdinfo.com/viewtopic.php?t=586

http://mylcd.sourceforge.net/

Post subject: Thank you
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 0:28 

Michael,

Thanks for the reply. I've looked through a lot of those posts and there is definately a ton of great information. I'll be learing as much as I can ASAP, but I'm pretty sure I could still use a mentor to walk me through the proess, best processor, how to manipulate the code to work the way I need it to, etc.

Again, thank you for the reply. If you have anything else useful please let me know.

Eric

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 13:46 

i just send SparkFUn new code to do all sorts of things for that lcd, recheck that LCD link and it should be up there.

Last night i updated some of the LCD function to make them better.
although my new examples will be for the ARM processor.
VERY FAST!

Post subject: Thanks for the info.
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 3:32 

Seulater, thanks for the heads up. I'll be sure and check it out. Can you shed some light on that ARM processor? What are you using to program it (hardware & software)? Would it be ok if I send you an e-mail with some specific questions related to this LCD setup? If yes, please shoot me an e-mail, DPfan1EJY@aol.com. If you're not interested, no worries, thanks for the time you spent posting a reply.