|The Dot Factory: A free LCD font and image generator
|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||Pavius [ Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:02 ]|
|Post subject:||The Dot Factory: A free LCD font and image generator|
The Dot Factory is an open source (C#) free (GPL) font and bitmap generator for dot matrix LCDs. There are quite a few of these around but they are either commercial, closed source or lacking.
* Descriptor array is stored only for the required range of characters
* Strips all possible vertical/horizontal padding from bitmaps
* Space character is generated by code, not by bitmap. This removes the need to hold a large descriptor array (since space is the lowest ASCII character and is often used)
* Array can be formatted in binary to allow easy visual tweaking of character
* Generates both source file info and header file info
* Bitmap conversion supported as well
* Many settings for conversion result - hex/binary, flipped, LSb/MSb first, etc.
* Open source (C#), released under GPL
* Tested on XP, Server 2003 and Vista
In addition, i've also released my Nokia 7110 driver. This is a non buffered driver, specially tailored for uCs that can't store the ~900 bytes of back buffer required by the 7110. It supports page aligned and non page aligned writes (the 7110 does not support read modify write so you can't share a page).
You can get the zipped executable (37KB unzipped) here, and the 7110 driver here. Comments, bug reports, wish lists are welcomed.
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC + 2 hours|
|Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group