LCDInfo.com

http://www.lcdinfo.com
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:20

All times are UTC + 2 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 19:33 

Hi,

I have a 240x64 LCD with an SED1330 Display. I enjoy using this LCD however all of the LCD programs I can find are for Windows or Linux, and I wish to use my LCD under DOS. I cannot seem to find a program that will do this, so I intend to program my own using C.

I would just like to know if anyone could give me some pointers on LCD programming, as I am completely new to working with these things. I have C and Assembler experience but I would prefer to stay away from ASM if possible. What I am after are maybe some guides, sample code, to programming these displays, and if possible the SED1330 in particular.

Thanks,

Ryan.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 10:13 

C should be fine for working in DOS. What compiler do you have ?

For some DOS LCD programming in C you might want to check the MPXPLAY sources: http://geocities.com/mpxplay/
MPXPLAY uses Watcom C and the parts needed can be downloaded for free. Somewhere at the MPXPLAY site there are instructions what parts are needed to compile MPXPLAY and how to do it.

For some SED1330 examples you could check the lcdproc project for linux. It has sources available for a SED1330 driver. I think there were also other more simple SED1330 examples available but I just can't remember right now.

The SED1330 datasheet from EPSON has some initialization examples and then there is also some app note from SEIKO that has initialization examples. I think it was called builtin1330.pdf or something like that.